31

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I took the rest of the week off, partially because my head still hurt, but mostly because I didn't know how to face Jihoon.

I spent most of my days in my room, only appearing for meals. I was worried that Jihoon would suddenly show up, making things awkward.

Whilst recuperating, I spent my time online, watching dramas and such.

"Jieun." Woojin knocked on the door, "What are you watching?"

"Hey Woojin, come in." I gestured him over, "Look!"

"They are...?"

"I was on youtube the other day, and I found this song called 'Cherry Bomb' by a group called NCT 127." I smiled.

"Cool."

"What's with this lackluster response?" I poked Woojin's cheek, "The coolest part is that new members are constantly added too! There's eighteen now and...I know them all."

"Nice to see you using your time-off from school constructively." Woojin said sarcastically.

At this, I threw a pillow in his direction, and it hit him right on the nose. He yelled in shock and pain, before picking it up and throwing it right back. Soon, we were having a tiny pillow fight.

Woojin's phone rang from the next room.

"Got to go! Tomorrow's already Monday, in case you forgot."

I did.

☆☆☆

woojin

"Hello?"

"Woojin-ie!" I heard a familiar voice.

"What do you want, Jihoon?"

"How's Jieun doing?"

I sighed.

"The same old, but she's got a new hobby now." I rubbed my temples, "She got into this group called NCT."

"Ah them? I've heard of them, they're pretty cool, but the unlimited members thing? Too much even for my very advanced brain to handle."

"Shoot, you have something else to say don't you?" I cut Jihoon's blabber.

"Very smart. I need your help. I'm not at home now, but I've got this cake sitting in the freezer. Could you go over and pass it to Jieun?"

"What do I get from this?" I liased.

"I'll treat you to food."

"Fine. You owe me one." I hung up the call as I let out another sigh.

"Jieun! I'll be out for abit, if you need anything just call me!" I shouted as a faint response was heard.

That was good enough for me as I went on my way to Jihoon's house.

Upon reaching his house, I let myself in using the spare key he always hid in the bushes. I turned on the lights in the dark house as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Which one is it?" I mumbled to myself, "Why are there two cakes?"

I deliberated for awhile, before going with my gut instinct. I placed the cake carefully in a box before getting back on my way home.

I didn't know why Jihoon chose this method to apologise, but I trusted that my friend was probably aware of his actions.

"Jieun, surprise!" I went into her room and placed the cake on her desk, "Erm, what are you doing?"

She was sprawled out on the floor, with her textbooks open around her.

"I haven't touched any work since last week." Her brows were furrowed in concentration as she punched numbers into the calculator furiously.

"Alright, but just remember to eat the cake." I retreated.

I had just stepped into my room before hearing an angry shout.

"Park Jihoon!"

I knew her reaction could go both ways, so I just left her to it.

☆☆☆

jihoon

jieun:
what is the meaning of the cake?

jihoon:
i made it as an apology.

jieun:
you do know that bringing back memories of the past don't work right?

jihoon:
that's why i sent you the cake.

jieun:

At this, I gasped before hurriedly texting back

jihoon:
this wasn't the one meant for you. i'm so sorry about it.

jieun:
save it. i'm glad you remember the times we spent together.

jihoon:
it was meant for daehwi, i'm so sorry.

read

I face-palmed myself. Why do I always mess things up? I sent Woojin an angry text before closing my phone.

"Jihoon-ie? Who was that?" She spoke up.

"Oh, nothing. We better get going, I'll send you home, Hyeri."