23

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The girls had gathered in a room upstairs to talk by themselves.

"So Jieun, let us introduce ourselves." Doyeon said.

(she lists out the members of ioi)

"Mina?" I exclaimed, shocked to see my fellow club mate here as well.

"Surprise! It's nice to meet you, Park Jieun." Mina smiled, her eyes turning into crescents.

All of them were really pretty, and I suddenly felt self conscious about my own appearance.

"What's wrong?" Chungha spoke up, coming towards me.

"Oh its nothing, I just found you all super pretty." I said meekly.

"But, you're really pretty too Jieun! Have you seen your eyes especially?" Sejeong spoke up as the rest of them agreed.

"Why don't we give you a makeover?" Somi suggested, with the rest of the girls agreeing in unison.

I was led over to the dressing table as the girls crowded around, thinking about what to do first. I was soon asked to close my eyes as I felt many busy hands get to work.

"She looks so cute." I heard a voice say after they were done.

I was really excited as I opened my eyes. I was shocked by my new look. The girls had really done their job well, by applying natural looking makeup and styling my hair such that it fell nicely below my shoulders, I looked as if I had dipped my head into some miracle water.

"Do you like it?" I almost forgot they were still standing there.

"I love it! Thank you so much!" I hugged all of them.

☆☆☆

"Hey guys, its showtime!" An excited Youngmin came running up the steps to the room.

"Hey Jieun, you look great like this. He'll like it for sure." Youngmin winked before closing the door.

There was a shout from downstairs as the volume of music was raised.

"Ah this is my favourite part. Let's go!" Yoojung said happily as all twelve of us went downstairs.

A space had been cleared in the middle, and I spotted Woojin holding a mic along with Daehwi.

"Welcome to the fourth annual showcase!" A very excited Woojin was saying, "Performers, please get ready!"

"Ah Jieun!" I looked up for the source of that familiar voice.

"Jinyoung! Wow you look positively bright!" I commented, taking in his appearance.

"Take a seat! We have this all the time." He ushered me to a seat on the nearby couch where I could get a good view.

"Is everyone performing?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah we are! But don't worry, its not a competition!" He replied, "Although it does bring about some friendly rivalry." He added as an afterthought.

Soon, the performances began and I could only sit in awe as I watched all of them perform some songs. Who knew Seonho could turn so mature when performing his song? I watched as five groups in total performed and applauded as loud as I could afterward.

"Who knew you could be so cute!" I went up to Jinyoung after they were done performing and could not resist pinching his cheeks.

"O-Oh, thank you." He turned away, red in the face.

"What about me?" Jihoon came bounding up.

This was the first time I had seen him since the party started three hours ago, and he had dressed up for his performance. I felt my heart skip a beat as he leaned closer, waiting for a reply.

"Cute. I like your permed hair by the way, it looks like your dog's." I pushed him away as he was too close for comfort.

"You look cute too." He winked before turning away back to the food table.

☆☆☆

It was almost midnight, but the house was still lively, full of chatter. The boys all looked really happy to see each other again, and their bond seemed to have been built through common experiences.

"Anyone that you find good-looking?" Daehwi came over where I was sitting with Somi.

"A few, actually. They're over there." I pointed.

It was actually a hard question, almost everyone here was above average looking, and it was definitely a feast for the eyes. No wonder the girls in school wanted to come so badly.

"So Minhyun, Donghan and Seongwoo?" He recited as I pointed each of them out.

I nodded.

"I was won over by their performances just now." I stated as I scanned the room, seeing Jihoon for the umpteenth time. He always seemed to be in my vision of sight, with me being able to spot him even in the crowded living room.

Daehwi followed my line of sight and let out a small smile. He whispered something to Somi before they left hurriedly.

"Since the party's been pretty tame, why don't we hype it up a little!" Daehwi had grabbed the mic.

The dance floor was soon crowded with people dancing to their heart's content. I made my way to one of the nearby chairs as I sipped on my cider. I wasn't much of a dancer, so I sat there observing them.

"Jihoon has something to ask you." Samuel shoved him in front of me.

"Erm..." He scratched his head, "Let's dance?"

I was taken aback, but took his outstretched hand as he led me to the dance floor.

"I can't dance though." I realised as I made to leave, "Just partner up with Woojin."

"Mmm...I'll teach you." He grabbed my wrist as he pulled me towards him.

I was taken aback by the force and I toppled right into his embrace. He had managed to catch me, but now we were facing each other, our faces only centimetres apart.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'll just..." I tried to push myself out.

"No, stay." He gripped me tighter.

As if right on cue, the music changed to one that was slow and soothing. My face was flushed red, as I just stared straight into Jihoon's eyes.

I saw them slowly make their way to my lips as Jihoon started leaning in.