33

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

jihoon

unsaved number:
jihoonieee❤❤❤

who's this

unsaved number:
did you not save my number? its hyeri here!!

oh. what do you want

do not answer:
when are we going back to that cafe?❤

together? never.

do not answer:
but you brought me home that day!

it was called being a gentleman. that wasn't a date alright? we just happened to meet.

do not answer:
you aren't taken yet. I'll get my chance one day.

I threw my phone on my bed in frustration. I called Woojin and Mark to the nearby cafe to sort things out.

☆☆☆

"Fancy calling us out at this timing." Woojin sat down.

"We've literally been friends for less than twenty-four hours, but yes I'm here to help." Mark sat opposite me.

I explained everything to them, filling Mark in on my past with Jieun, and the both of them on how Hyeri hasn't been leaving me alone.

"You do know that someone like her would only leave you alone if you're unavailable right?" Woojin sipped his tea, "She thinks she has a chance with you, its not that deep."

"Wow I hate her already." Mark said.

"Thanks for helping me today, by the way." I thanked him as he waved in response.

"How do I solve the problem about Jieun?" I rested my head on my hands.

"About this, I think you would know when the time comes. I believe in you bro." Woojin gave me a pat on my back.

"The time will come." Mark agreed.

"Is Jieun at home?" I asked Woojin, who shook his head.

"She left, saying something about buying flowers." Woojin finished his drink, "You can't force things, by the way. The whole universe would be rooting for you when the time comes though."

"Oh shit!" I checked my calendar, "I'll pay you guys back!"

I rushed out of the cafe. How could I have forgotten?

☆☆☆

jieun

I felt tears in my eyes even before I had reached the place.

"I'm so sorry..." I touched the cold marble, "I'm so sorry I haven't come in two years."

I placed the carefully arranged flowers on the ground as I sat down next to them.

"I got my memories back. I was glad at the thought of getting them back, but I kind of wished I didn't." I looked up at Minah's smiling potrait.

"How..." I was cut off by the sound of running footsteps as I looked up.

"You came." I looked at the panting Jihoon, who was trembling due to him being caught in the rain.

"I'll just wait in the corner for you to finish." He made to get up before falling.

"Careful!" I rushed to him, "Here, dry off."

I passed him a towel as I made to take off my hoodie.

"It's oversized, it would fit you nicely." I cut him off before he could even open his mouth.

"You know, I've been coming every year, in the hopes of meeting you by chance." He managed to chatter out.

"Warm up first." I placed a heatpack in his pocket.

"No, I need to tell you all this." He grabbed my hand, "Just give me five minutes."

He took a deep breath.

"Firstly, I want to apologise for vanishing without a trace two years ago. I didn't know how to tell you that my parents found out about us, and that they wanted me to move to somewhere you wouldn't be able to find me at. They didn't approve, all because of the silly feud our families had." He paused before continuing, "I still got updates of you though, thanks to Woojin. But soon he moved here too, and I lost track of where you were. When I heard about what happened, I wanted to rush back as soon as I could, I felt guilty as hell."

He had tears in his eyes now as he wiped them away.

"Imagine how shocked I was when I saw you again, but I was selfish. I was so happy you couldn't remember anything, I thought we would be able to start afresh." He reached up to wipe the tears off my cheeks.

"Minah's death wasn't your fault, it was an accident. Stop blaming yourself and leave the pain behind. I'm not asking for your forgiveness, but I don't want to see you in pain anymore."

"Your hands are still so cold." I tried to ignore the last part.

"It's nothing." He said as he got up before stumbling, "I'll take my leave."

He walked a few steps before collapsing to the floor.

"Oi Park Jihoon!"

+hello! double update for today! i cut some parts of the book, so yes, it'll be coming to an end soon! as usual, please remember to vote and comment! thank you💚