Eight

Bambam sat at his desk, staring at his phone. He had come home from the Kims' house hours ago, and his mind was still on what Taehyung had said. He had gotten home and immediately went up to his room. Now he was going through his texts with Yugyeom. The last one he had sent had been a week ago.

Bambam nearly jumped out of his skin as a text made his phone vibrate in his hands. It was from Yugyeom.

- meet me at the window?
sent 10:38

Bambam reread the text, making sure it was real. He glanced over at his open window and saw Yugyeom waving at him from his room. His smile seemed forced.

Bambam moved over to the window. He gave Yugyeom a confused look as the other boy pushed his window open. "Hi, Bambam."

"Hi."

Yugyeom looked down so Bambam couldn't see his face. He didn't need to see it to know Yugyeom was ashamed. The feeling was coming off him in waves.

"It's okay", Bambam assured him quietly. "It was my fault too."

"It wasn't", Yugyeom said, looking up. Bambam was surprised to see tears. Yugyeom sniffled, using his arm to wipe his tears away.

"Why are you crying?", Bambam asked.

"I hurt you", Yugyeom said, more tears flowing down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay", Bambam assured Yugyeom. Yugyeom wiped his tears again. "I forgive you. I just want to be your friend again."

Yugyeom nodded. "Me too, if you'll take me?"

"Always."

"So, you two finally made up?", Jungkook asked, a mischevious grin on his face. Yugyeom and Bambam set their trays down on the table and sat next to eachother. Bambam tried to hide his blush.

Jimin poked Bambam's arm to get his attention. Bambam looked up at the other boy and he gave him a 'so, did you tell him' look. Bambam returned it with a 'leave me alone' look.

Yugyeom nudged Bambam. He held out his fork, which had a strawberry on it. "Do you want it?"

"Sure", Bambam replied, reaching out to grab the fork, but Yugyeom pulled it out of his way and, instead, put the strawberry in Bambam's mouth himself. Bambam went wide-eyed and red-faced. He almost choked on the strawberry as Yugyeom pulled away. Jungkook and Taehyung were trying their hardest not to burst out laughing, and Jimin and was giggling silently on the other side of Bambam.

Bambam glanced at Yugyeom and saw a proud expression on his face. He continued eating his food joyfully.

The next day was Friday. Yugyeom and Bambam had decided to walk home again, this time without a stop at 7-11. Yugyeom had convinced Bambam to come with him to visit their crazy neighbour, Youngjae.

Yugyeom knocked on the bright yellow door and a dog started barking from inside. Yugyeom had informed him that the dog's name was Coco during their walk.

"Hi Yugyeomie! Hi Bambam!", Youngjae greeted them when he opened the door. He was using his leg to stop his dog from running out the door. He let the two boys inside.

Yugyeom sat down on the couch and Bambam sat next to him. Youngjae brought over three cups of tea and a plate of cookies and sat them on the coffee table. Yugyeom immediately reached for a cookie.

"How's school going for you two?", Youngjae asked, sitting down in an armchair.

"Good", Yugyeom said with his mouth full. A few crumbs fell into his lap. Bambam stifled a laugh.