Seventeen

"So...what's the plan?"

Bambam and Yugyeom sat next to eachother on a park bench. The sun was going down, dying both the boys shades of yellow and orange. The trees whispered with a slight wind.

Yugyeom had been the one to ask the question. Bambam had sat down and they had sat in silence for several minutes before he had spoken up. Bambam thought for a moment.

"I don't know."

Yugyeom bit his lip, looking down at his scuffed shoes. "Well, we're stupid and young. We're supposed to live with no regrets. So what do you think we should do that would be stupid?"

Bambam chuckled. "We could run away. That would be stupid."

Yugyeom laughed along. "But we don't have a car."

"We could take the bus."

They were silent, staring at the ripples in the fountain water.

"Is it weird if I think that's actually a good plan?", Yugyeom finally replied, trying to smile. Bambam shook his head.

"We couldn't."

"But we could", Yugyeom interjected, grabbing Bambam's hands in his own. "Do you have your wallet? I have mine. We could just hop on a bus and get off at the farthest stop. Obviously they'll find us, but maybe it could help them."

Bambam was confused. "What do you mean?"

"Like in Romeo and Juliet. At the end, after they die, the parents make up because they realize how their feud is what killed their children."

"This isn't a book, Yugyeom."

Yugyeom's smile fell at Bambam's words. He looked at the ground, tearing his hands out of Bambam's. "I know."

Bambam sighed. He wanted to be with Yugyeom, he really did, but he didn't know how. Everything had been going so great, how did it all go to shit so fast?

The only way he and Yugyeom could be together was if their parents weren't there to stop them. The question was: who did Bambam love more? His parents, or Yugyeom?

"Okay."

Yugyeom's head snapped up and he looked at his boyfriend with wide eyes. "What?"

Bambam stood up. "Let's go." He reached his hand out for Yugyeom to take. "Let's piss off our parents and do something reckless."

Yugyeom's face lit up with joy. He grabbed Bambam's hand and stood up next to him, laughing and bouncing. "Yeah, let's do this!"

The two boys bounded through the park, hand in hand. They ran all the way to the nearest bus stop. The last bus for the night was just about to close its doors but they made it on just in time, collapsing next to eachother in the nearest seat and gasping for breath. They looked at eachother and laughed.

"Are we seriously doing this?", Yugyeom asked, breathing heavily and running his hands through his dark hair.

"Yeah, we are."

~

"Yug, wake up."

Yugyeom lifted his head off Bambam's shoulder, the hair on one side sticking up in all directions. He rubbed his eyes, struggling to adjust his vision to the lights on the bus.

"Where are we?"

Bambam looked out the window. "I don't know, but it's the last stop so we have to get off."