Nineteen

"Why are pancakes always more delicious when you're on the run?"

Bambam laughed through a mouthful of bacon. He quickly swallowed. "You say that like you've been on the run before."

Yugyeom grinned. "Maybe I have."

"Okay, Mr. Bourne."

Bambam gazed out the window. The sun had just risen, painting the city light yellows and pinks. They were back in the diner, since it was closest to the motel they stayed at.

"When do you think they'll find us?", Yugyeom asked, shoveling more pancakes in his mouth. The boy had a serious problem.

Bambam hummed, thinking to himself. "It could be any time now."

"What do you think they'll say?"

"I don't know."

The boys went silent. Bambam moved his eggs around on his plate with his fork.

"I feel bad now."

Bambam sighed. "Me too."

"What the hell were you two thinking?!"

Bambam and Yugyeom jumped. Bambam spun around to see Mark standing behind him with his hands on his hips, staring down at him angrily. Then, tears welled up in his eyes and pulled Bambam into the tightest hug ever. Bambam couldn't hold the tears back at that point either, crying into his Papa's shoulder. Jackson soon joined the hug. Behind Bambam, Jinyoung and Jaebum were wrapping Yugyeom in a hug as well.

"I'm sorry", Bambam whispered, wiping the tears from his eyes and stepping back to look his parents.

Jackson shook his head. "Don't be. It's our fault you felt the need to run away in the first place."

"We're sorry Bam. We're not going to stop you from being happy ever again", Mark promised.

Bambam turned around to look at Yugyeom. Jinyoung nodded in agreement with what Mark and Jackson had said. Yugyeom grinned at Bambam, and Bambam smiled back.

"Now let's go home so we can ground you for the rest of your lives."

~

They took the next bus home. It was a two hour ride, and Yugyeom and Bambam shared a seat. Both boys were exausted and, twenty minutes into the ride, they fell asleep.

"Look at them", Jinyoung whispered, nudging Jackson with his elbow. Jackson looked back at his son sitting next to Jinyoung's. "They're holding hands."

It was true. They had fallen asleep with their fingers intertwined between them, Yugyeom's head resting and Bambam's, and Bambam's head resting on the taller boy's shoulder. Jackson turned back around to face the front.

"They're disgusting."

Jinyoung laughed, shaking his head. He leaned over to whisper in Jackson's ear. "Are you happy? With Mark, I mean."

Jackson looked forward to where Mark sat with Youngjae, the two chatting away. He gazed at his husband, with his bleached hair and sharp cheekbones, and his love for cooking and his cleanliness. "Of course I'm happy. I've never loved anyone as much as him."

Jinyoung hummed. "When we broke up, I thought I would never get over it. I kept thinking to myself, 'this is it Jinyoung. You met the one and you blew it'. But then, I met Jaebum. And suddenly, it didn't matter that I lost you. Because losing you meant I got to find him."

Jackson quietly agreed, and they spent the rest of the ride in silence.

~

"So, no more fighting?"