Ten

Bambam stared up at his dark ceiling. He tried to focus on the little, glowing stars, counting them over and over again. But, somehow, his mind just kept wandering back to Kim Yugyeom.

Bambam kicked his legs under his sheets and let out a small groan. He put his hands over his blush covered cheeks and tried to calm himself down. He prayed that the butterflies in his stomach would fly away.

Kim Yugyeom.

Yugyeomie.

His boyfriend.

The entire thing seemed like a dream come true. Bambam couldn't believe that he'd gone and landed himself such an amazing boyfriend in such short time.

It was surreal.

It was real.

~

Bambam woke up to the sound of his alarm clock. He groaned, turning it off and dragging himself out of bed. He continued his morning routine as usual, brushing his teeth, getting dressed, etc. As always, he spent twenty minutes on just his hair, styling it just right. He stumbled downstairs to the kitchen, still yawning and half asleep.

"Good morning", his papa greeted him, pointing to a plate of waffles sitting on the table. Bambam forked a couple onto his plate and drowned them in syrup.

"Morning."

"Your father and I have some shopping to do today, so we probably won't be here when you get home..", Mark trailed off, staring at the waffles he was cooking.

"Alright?", Bambam replied questioningly. It wasn't the first time they had gone shopping, so he was confused as to why his papa had felt the need to clarify that they wouldn't be home. "And?"

"Well, maybe you could invite that boy over?", Mark suggested, looking up from his waffles to give his son a shy smile. Bambam nearly choked on his breakfast.

"What?"

"I mean, you two could hang out, have some private time...", Mark trailed off again. Bambam flushed bright red and Mark's eyes widened. "Not like that kind of private time! Just, maybe... maybe you could tell him how you feel?"

Bambam turned his head back to his breakfast. He felt bad, not telling his parents that he had already confessed. But he didn't want them to overreact, like they always did. He would tell them, he just wanted some time for him and Yugyeom, alone.

"I... I have some homework to do, so I don't know..."

"Alright, just offering", Mark responded, finally letting the subject drop. Bambam was thankful when his phone buzzed, Yugyeom texting him that the bus was almost there.

"Bye Papa", Bambam said, giving Mark a kiss on the cheek before leaving. His dad waved him goodbye.

~

"Who do you think you'll audition for?"

Bambam looked up from his phone. Yugyeom was staring at him, a pen in one hand and his violin case in the other. They were signing up for the school play, as Yugyeom made Bambam promise to do.