Chapter 2 SCT

Valentina

PARIS, FRANCE

            I can’t believe Hansen just up and left for Serbia, he was the only person who could keep Ames from driving the rest of us absolutely insane.  We were sitting in the hotel rooms.  I looked through the information we had on Fisher, and it wasn’t much.  Two chance encounters and Ames came close to getting his head blown off the first time.  Damn, if only that truck hadn’t pulled out and compromised Fisher’s shot.

            “Hey, Maya, why do you think Ben went to Serbia?” Kimberly asked.  She sat down beside me and looked at what we had.

            “I don’t know, but I am wishing he had told us.  Besides, if he wanted us to come, he wouldn’t have threatened to kill us if we followed him.” I told her and considered calling it a night.  I still couldn’t help thinking that Fisher was now in Serbia.

            “I wonder what would happen if we requested his file?” Kimberly said.

            “What do you intend to gain from that?” I asked.

            “I don’t know, his home address and phone number so I can prank call him and throw rocks at his windows and break them.” Kim said and looked at me.

            “That would kind of be fun,” I smiled and put the request in.  Thirty seconds later there was a ding.  I looked at my OPSAT and was surprised.

            “What?”

            “I just received his file,” I said and plugged it into my laptop.  I downloaded the file and saw it was divided into four sections.  Background, medical, disciplinary, and operations.  Kimberly set up a small compact high speed printer and stuck paper in it.  I printed off the entire folder and using clips, put each section together.  Kimberly ordered room service and I held the file up. “What do you want to start with?”

            “Give me medical,” she said.  I handed it to her and went with background.  I removed the clip and started on the first page.  This was young kid.  His parents were killed and he was sent to a military boarding school.  I continued to flip through the pages.  Then a name caught my eye.  In 1985 Sam Fisher had married a woman named Regan Burns, later that year his only child Sarah Fisher was born.  Their marriage lasted fourteen years when Fisher and Burns divorced and Burns received full custody of Sarah.

            Ehh, I expected a little more use out of the wife and daughter but I couldn’t find any.  I continued to read and then I saw Sarah again.

            “Oh my god,” I whispered.

            Kim looked over, “What do you got?”

            “Fisher’s only daughter was killed by a hit and run driver while Fisher was on operation in Iceland.  She was his only family.” I said and continued flipping.  There wasn’t much after that.  I grabbed the operations file and began to read.  There was a section on training.

            Notable trainee(s):  Abigail Fisher, trained by Sam Fisher.  Best Splinter Cell turned out by training program.  Fisher remarked that she had an ability to pick up and store techniques quickly and put them to use.  Her attitude is the exact thing we need for the Splinter Cell program.

            “Kim, put in a request for Abigail Fisher’s file.” I said.

            “Why?”