Chapter 16 SCT

Maya (minus kitten) ------>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abigail

HOTEL ROOM

                “Alright, based on the information we gathered over on the week, and I just got off the phone with my last contact.  Meggido is holding an auction.  They are auctioning off the weapons.  The auction is going down in an old abandoned military base in Kazakhstan.  Meggido has been acquiring these arms from all over the world through Chinese Doppelgänger facilities.  These facilities steal blueprints to some of the most high tech and advanced weaponry in the world and then mass produce the weapons for the black market.

                “Meggido purchases the arms and has been moving them to the location of the deal over the past twenty-four months.  They are being discrete.  So far only two Third Echelon Splinter Cells have observed two of these deals in total and they have been complete accidents.  I managed to get trackers on the one, however they stopped working a week ago.  Either they were discovered or they reached their kill point.  The amount of weapons on the base is unknown, but they are all high tech and if they fall into the wrong hands, they will destroy the free world.

                “There is a high speed military supply train line that runs directly through the base.  For the past two months the train has been exactly fifteen minutes late on its journey from Boykonur to Aktobe.  Just enough time to stop, take weapons and possible buyers, and get moving without raising alarm in Aktobe.  Now, since we do not know anything about how far Meggido’s power extends, we must believe that the train’s conductor and the officials at both stations, Boykonur and Aktobe, are being paid off.

                “We can gain access to the base one of two ways, there is the train, however we would have to be extremely careful and silent.  The second in an aerial insertion.  Wind shear will be a major problem however even with the Goshawk.  Once inside the base, we find the arms and blow them sky high.  We find out as much as we can about Meggido and then we get the hell out.  There is the option of following the train tracks to an extraction via Osprey or there is a river a hundred meters to the north.  We can stash two IBS near the banks.  We will be up and moving down the river in twenty minutes.” I briefed Fisher, Gabe, Lian, Hansen, Maya, Kimberly, Nathan and Ames.  Moreau had taken the flight Nathan had come in on home.

                “Are you just trying to sound smart for your uncle or was there actually a point to that?” Ames asked.

                “Fine then, how is this for a briefing.  Over the past several months, even before I joined you, there has been a mole inside the unit telling a traitor within Third Echelon your whereabouts and when you plan on moving and who was with you.  The traitor has been feeding this information to Meggido.  The traitor inside Third Echelon is Deputy Director Kovac, the mole on the unit is Ames.”

                Every head turned his direction.  Kimberly and Maya had smirks on their faces.  Fisher, Gabe and Lian were just straight faced, like they were in on the information.  Nathan and Hansen’s jaws were hanging open, as if they were unhinged.

                “That is absolute bullshit!” Ames snapped. “You hate Kovac so it is obvious you would finger him.”

                “Really, your OPSAT seems to be very chatty with Kovac’s, even though he is suspended.” I said.

                “She’s lying,” Ames said. “She is lying.”

                Gabe walked over and pulled and taser out.  He touched it to Ames neck who crumpled.