Chapter 7 SCT

Abigail

SAFE HOUSE

                Sam helped me to my feet and carried me down the stairs. His one arm around my waist and the other holding my hand. I leaned my head on his shoulder. He put a jacket around my shoulders and we walked into the street. A car was waiting. He opened the passenger door and sat me down in it. 

                I looked at him and smiled. 

                "Thank you," I said. "Transylvania, 2009. When you almost got blown up." 

               "You spent a month nursing me back to health before returning to Fort Meade." he said. I smiled and looked at him. As we drove, I drifted to sleep.

Hansen

HOTEL IN SERBIA

               I looked at the screen and she was gone. Abigail and Fisher were gone. All of the gear was as well. That was not good.  He was moving her somewhere or he had killed her and he was going to dump the body.  

               "Shit, we got a problem." I said. I called Maya and Kimberly in. "Where?" 

               "Romania is the closest border," Maya offered up. 

               "There are two roads in and of of the city. We can split up and follow both of them." Kimberly said. I nodded and we ran out. I took Nathan and Maya. Leaving Kimberly and Ames alone. Not the best of ideas but they could work together. 

               I went west, away from Romania. Kimberly and Ames went east, towards Romania and the air field.

Kimberly

CAR ALONE WITH AMES

             I drove and kept my other hand on my gun. I didn't trust Ames, nor did I want to be stuck alone in the same car with him alone. 

              "You need to relax," Ames said. I just ignored him and kept driving. This was starting to piss me off. Ames started going on and on about how I shouldn't be here because of my intimate relationship with Fisher. I slowly tightened my grip on both the steering wheel and my gun. I couldn't do anything expect try not to shoot him. 

              "Will you just shut the fuck up!" I snapped at him and saw the airfield up ahead. There was guards posted at the gate but no road to go around. Which meant you had to drive through the air field. I pulled up and pulled Fisher and Abigail's photo out. 

               "These people come through here?" I asked. The man looked at the photos and shook his head. "Thank you." 

                 I turned around and looked at Ames. "Make yourself useful and call Hansen, tell him that Fisher didn't go to the air field." 

                 He looked at me like I was crazy. I narrowed my eyes at him and grabbed the phone myself. I called Hansen and when he picked up, I felt Ames begin playing with my hair. I pinched the phone with my shoulder and ear and ran my elbow into Ames's jaw. He went slack instantly. 

                 "Finally, peace and quiet. Fisher didn't go to the air field." 

                 "What exactly did you to Ames?" 

                  "Told him to shut up, then told him to report in that you are headed straight for Fisher. He gave me the fuck off look and began playing with my hair which earned him an elbow to the jaw. He is currently out cold." I said.