Chapter 19

Kimberly

FOURTH LEVEL DOWN

                I shivered and breathed out.  My breath clouded in front of me.  The metal floor and walls were coated in a thin layer of ice.  I walked down the hallway.  I didn’t encounter anybody.  I remembered what Nathan had said about there being somebody ahead of us.  Kovac did have access to some of the other Splinter Cells who were on call.  They wouldn’t think twice about an operation from the Deputy Director and they wouldn’t find out about his arrest until after they killed all of us.  I found a cache of the weapons in a boiler room.  The ice had coated the room thoroughly and it was all I could do to not slip and fall.  Kneeling down I placed my charge and felt like I was being watched.  Whipping around, I raised my rifle and didn’t see anybody.

                “Anybody else feel like they are being watched?” I whispered.

                “Yeah,” Maya agreed, “God its cold.”

                “You can say that again,” Lian agreed.

                “We got a bad storm overhead.  Its pouring rain, probably going to start snowing eventually.” Sandy said.

                “Okay, come on, we have to hurry up and get out,” Abigail said.

                “What are you two doing anyway?” Hansen asked.

                “There are a plenty of people up here,” Fisher said and I heard the muffled shot.

                “You executing people?” Gabe asked.

                “Yeah,” Abigail responded, “God, I haven’t been able to do this with a knife for a long time.”

                I could only imagine what she was doing. As I began to walk out, I felt a pair of eyes boring a hole in the back of my head.  I looked around again but couldn’t see anybody.  Reaching up, I toggled my trifocals to thermal and looked around.  There was a man in the corner and another against the wall.  I brought my gun up and fired.  I got the first in the temple and his brains were blown against the wall.  I saw the second start running towards me.  I grabbed their gun and flipped them over.  Firing two rounds into their chest.

                “Not bad sweetie, not bad at all.” A deep voice said behind me.  I whipped around again and as I brought my gun around, I felt a solid thump in my shoulder.  I cried out as I lost my balance and fell.  I grabbed my shoulder and felt warm liquid my fingers.

                “Guys, we have company,” I said and saw a man step out of the shadows.  I grabbed my knife and threw it at him.  It stuck into his neck and I grabbed my Five-seveN, as he fell back, I got up and unloaded five rounds into his chest.  It was right around then, that my head started to swim.  I could feel the blood sliding down my arm and chest.  I grabbed my shoulder and took several steps backward.  I leaned against the wall and slid to the ground.  I held my shoulder and I could feel the blood soak through my gloves and cover my fingers.  Hot, sticky, and flowing steadily out of my shoulder, it was spreading down my arm and side.

                “Kim, Kim what’s your status?” Hansen called.

                “I’ve been shot,” I said as black swarmed my vision.  I blacked out.

Abigail

TOP LEVEL

                I snapped a man’s neck as Kim said she had gotten shot.  I looked at Fisher as he sank his knife behind a mans collar bone and lowered him to the ground.