Chapter 11 SCT

• Dedicated to Shormi Kar

Maya

OUTSIDE COMPOUND OF ABDUL PETROVICH

                “Okay, boys, get ready.  We move in five minutes.” Abigail said.  She loaded a magazine into her Five-seveN pistol and pulled the slide back.  She checked the barrel, and loaded a bullet into the chamber.

                “I thought that operation was Fisher’s?” I asked her.

                “Fisher brought me alone, a field test so to speak.  I was the one who put the bullets in Petrovich’s knees and ankles.  He was never walking again.” Abigail said. “This, this is going to be fun.”

                “Is this job a video game to you?”

                “A somewhere between a cross of Ghost Recon and Hitman, that’s where I am playing?  You?” she asked as she released the slide.  She holstered her gun with a smile and pulled the knife out.

                “Ben was using that,” Kim said.

                “It’s Fisher’s knife.  Ben figured that Fisher would be less pissed at me having it.”

                “So Ben is scared of Fisher?” I asked.

                “You are saying you aren’t?” Abigail asked.

                “He’s fifty five years old,”

                “And he can kick your ass like he was twenty one.  Fisher may be old, but he’s good.  Take my advice.  You won’t get a second chance with Fisher.  You either make your point or he will hurt you.  Be afraid of Fisher, be very afraid.  We have a direct link to Third Echelon and Grim for this.”

                “God it feels good to be doing this again,” Grim said.

                “Hey, there’s the Director herself.  She exists,” Hansen said.

                “Good to be back under your eyes again Grim,” Abigail said.

                “It’s good to be back, so, what’s the plan?”

                “Give an old friend a visit, ask a few questions, track Fisher down.  Smash and grab.  We will be home by tomorrow with Fisher in cuffs.”

                “No bodybag?” Grim asked.

                “That’s just messy,” Abigail said. “Okay boys, go ahead.”

                We ran out of the sniper hide mesh that we had set up.  It was dark outside, no moon, heavy cloud cover.  We came up on the fence, but hung back in the foliage around the fence.

                “Exactly what kind of distraction are they giving us?” I asked.

                “Three boys with twenty pounds of plastic explosive, a hundred feet of detonation chord, antitampering equipment, radio detonator and five gallons of fake blood.  They had better be giving us a damn good one.” Abigail said as a giant fireball followed the sound of crumpling metal sounded.  I pulled out the wire clippers and insulated foam.  Every guards head turned towards the explosion.  We moved quickly.  Kimberly raised her rifle as Abigail and I cut through the fence.  Walking through, Abigail and I filled the alarms with the foam.

                As every guard in the back of the house settled back into their patrols, Kimberly unloaded her payload.  Six silenced shots into six spotlights.  I snuck up behind one and injected him with a tranquilizer.  I saw a guard level a shot at Kimberly as she swung around for her own shot.  I went to fire a dart and suddenly the man was gone.  A flash of a knife in my trifocals and he was stabbed in the neck, jerked once and lay still.  The Fairbairn-Skyes went back in the sheath on the back of Abigail’s belt and the man’s eyes were closed.