Chapter 15

Hansen -------------------->

SixxAM Life is Beautiful ---------------------->

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abigail

DENSTOV’S FLAT

                Fisher’s face was a foot from mine.  I could feel the cold steel of his knife blade against my neck. I knew one thing, there was no way Fisher would actually open up his stomach to a stab unless he was going to make sure I didn’t walk away.  The knife to my throat hadn’t slashed it open or drawn blood.  I searched his eyes for any sign of surprise or pain.  Instead he smiled, and his empty hand wrapped around mine.  He pulled the knife out of his gut and my eyes flickered down to see not a stitch of blood on his shirt or the knife.

                “Stab resistant material is god sent,” he said.

                “Getting closer every time,” I hissed.

                “You were my best student.” He smirked and torqued my grip until I released the knife.  He held it up in front of my face. “This is my knife, why do you have it?”

                “Grim gave it to Hansen, Hansen gave it to me.” I said. “For good luck.”

                “How’s that working for you right now?” he asked.

                “Keep it,” I said and brought my leg up.  I grabbed my actual Splinter Cell knife from the boot holster and put it to Fisher’s neck. “Now we are really fucked aren’t we?”

                “I came here to talk, considering your entire unit now knows where you sneak off to all the time, I figured we might as well drop the charade.” He said removing his knife.  I put mine back in the boot sheath since I had the Fairbairn-Skyes’s sheath in the stealth position on the back of my belt.  I disengaged the sheath from my belt and gave it to Fisher.

                “Talk,” I told him.  He began explaining everything he knew about arms deals that had been run by a group called Meggido.  He didn’t know how far their influence reached or what kind of influence they had.

                “So, you want me to figure out where these arms are going, small quantities of individual arms purchased for a high price but less than they are worth.  All the same cases, delivered straight from different factories around the world?”

                “No, I want your team on it too.  Plus those IPCA big wigs to work too,”

                “Gabe and Lian aren’t bigwigs, they are field operators,”

                “Who make six figures a year,”

                “You made six figures a year, it’s not my fault you took the operation that discontinued your two sixty an hour paycheck.  What makes you different?” I asked.

                “We can talk about this later, right now, I would prefer not to get shot walking out that door,” he pointed to the front door.

Hansen

HALLWAY

                We stood, leaning against walls checking guns and spinning knives around.  Hookers walked past us every so often.  They would all blow kisses and run their hands over mine and Ames’s shoulders.