eighteen: we gave Gethen free haircuts

Seokjin and I walked on the black marble floor, the sound of our moist and worn-out sneakers against the cold, hard floor made a squeaking sound that echoed thoughout the dark hall.

Hoseok's chain with spikes is still there, so we followed that, since it's the only thing that can lead us to the place where Gethen is in this palace.

We've been walking and following the chain for about five minutes or so, and it seemed like this hall is endless. Seokjin's sword was on fire, so it is our only source of light to guide our way.

No demons or monsters appeared before us, and that made me feel more uneasy than some creature popping in front of us and started to attack us.

But we still readied our weapons and ourselves for our expected unseen enemy.

After a few minutes, the chain rattled. We stopped on our tracks, “What was that?”Seokjin asked. “It's either some monster or demon is around here, or Gethen felt our presence and she's drawing near.”I said, preparing an arrow and placed it on my bow.

“I hope it's not the second option.” Seokjin says, and I shrugged, “Well I hope that it's the second option to make our job fast.”

Seokjin gave me a look, “Do you remember, One will oppose the other, while the other one will be trapped in the hands of the mother?” I nodded, “Yeah. Why?” “Well, you're not even worried who's the one that will be trapped in the hands of the mother?” Seokjin asked.

“Of course I am. But let it be. If we get separated from each other, we'll find a way to find one another. Am I right, my dear support?”I said, then looked at Seokjin, whose face is flushed. I don't know what caused that, is it the illuminating fire from his sword, or my counter pickup line at him?

I just let out a small chuckle as we resumed on walking.

“SOYOONG WATCH OUT!”

But it's too late, something big, oddly-shaped, glowing purple stone that seemed like some meteor or some sort , slammed against my body, and brought me backwards to the end of this hall, my back hit the dark, velveted wall and there was a cracking sound. The wall earned huge cracks around it, that it reached a ceiling and a small piece of the ceiling fell on my head.

My bow fell on the floor, and this glowing meteor thing rolled on the ground, purple smoke curled around it.

I coughed.

Dark spots danced around my vision.

Health: -4%

[Do Soyoong]
Health: 96%

“Soyoong!”I heard Seokjin's distant voice from afar. I shook my head and tried to stand up straight. I picked up my bow and then readied some arrows, since the arrows I put on it earlier got shattered.

Meters away from me, there was Seokjin who was running towards me. Behind him, I saw a pair of glowing purple eyes, and I know that isn't a good sign.

I aimed at the figure behind Seokjin, and it gave me a hard time since Seokjin was moving and I might end up shooting him instead.

“Just duck when I tell you to do so, if you don't want your head to get impaled by frozen arrows.”