4: A Billionaire's Prison

Passing out at the worst times must be my calling. I mean that's like twice in one day, just my luck. My head throbs and I feel the stone lightly shock my wrist just enough to wake me up. I keep my eyes closed trying to figure out where I am. I can hear the running of a car engine along with soft voices that are getting louder the more I come back to consciousness. I shift a little in my seat feeling cold leather seats and, of course, handcuffs. I move my hands around but the stone rubs against the metal forcing me to bite my tongue to stop from crying out.

"Do you really think it was a good idea teaming up with them?" A woman says somewhere to my left.

"It was my only option besides it was either I take her in or they kill her and-"

"And that would make it a little harder to get it back." The man voice sounds familiar and I feel his shoulder bump me telling me he right next to me. The car comes to a stop and I feel the cold air hit my arms as someone else gets in the car. We start rolling again as I hear a the fizz of a soda opening.

"We thank you for your help-"

"Yeah sure, just so long as you stick to your word-" I feel the man muscles tense and can tell they aren't the best of friends.

"No need to worry Agent Barton SHIELD will reward you for helping us catch it."

The woman snorts from the other end of the car and I hear the sound of a metal gun being loaded and unloaded.

"Ah-uh, Agent- agent Romanoff." The SHIELD man sounds afraid and I have to bite my lip to keep from laughing. Who ever this woman was I was liking her ability to make this other agent very, very nervous. I feel a rough hand on my arm and my whole body tenses up.

"Its sedated, isn't it?" The man across from me asks.

"Yes" The woman says through gritted teeth, "She is sedated." The agent releases my arm, sitting back down across from me. He chuckles taping my shin with his foot.

"I'm afraid i-in this matter you a-are wrong agent Romanoff I-"

"Really, and how is that?" I can feel the tension in the air as the agent continues.

"Well um, it's not like us, it's different and dangerous."

"She's a kid-"

"This kid killed our scout in an alley and left him for dead!" I should've kept quiet but that was the final straw. My eyes fly open and I kick the man across from me in the stomach, agent Barton grabs my arm but I elbow him in the stomach. The man across from me stumbles around trying to regain his balance. He's bigger than little man but, like him, he hasn't got an ounce of muscle on him. His slicked back blonde hair is falling in his face and his blue eyes are fierce with anger. Now that I've beat some people up I realize I'm trapped in this moving car with nowhere to run, yeah I'm a genius. Barton gets up holding his fists up in a fighting stance and I see we're in a long limo with silver lining and even its own mini fridge which would've been cool except I was a little preoccupied. The SHIELD agent grabs my handcuffs and I head butt him hard causing all of us to fall on the ground as the car makes a sharp turn. I look up to see the woman slowly sipping her soda watching us roll around on the floor like idiots. She's in a normal shirt and jeans but wrapped around her legs are gun holsters. She gives me an empty stare studying me with interest as I slam the Agents head into the cup holders.

"Um a little help here Nat." Barton mumbles from under the other agent. She crouches down grabbing me by the back of my jacket and throwing me back into my seat. I try to swinging my handcuffs into her face but she easily catches them wrapping a cord around the inside of the door and the chain connecting the handcuffs. She jumps back sitting across from me and I jump up too but my hands are now tied to the door.