19: Best + Bitter = Better

I turn on my heels and walk away the dress waving in the wind as I step outside. I hear Peter grumble something about his personal life before he grudgingly races to catch up with me. Ned gives him his usual happy smile and then looks to me, his smile growing.

"This is going to be so awesome! Is this a superhero team up? Because it should totally be a superhero team up!"

I roll my eyes as we approach the silver rental car Happy parked in the alley behind the school.

"It's not a team up it's a mission and I'm not a superhero." I open the door gesturing for them to get inside. Ned frowns at my comment but slips inside anyway and Peter, after giving me a confused look, follows him. I sigh knowing it's going to be an... interesting car ride. Getting in and closing the door behind me I see Tony has turned around and is talking to Peter and Ned about who knows what. But I know it's something because once they realize I'm in the car they both stop talking and look at me.

"Did you see what car it is?" Tony asks giving me a cheesy smile in which I respond by rolling my eyes.

"It's a Toyota Echo." He says they name long and loud making sure I heard him. I give him an unimpressed look before telling him to head back to the base. For awhile we all sit in awkward silence and I can't help but notice how tiny the backseat is and how Peter's shoulder is pressing into mine. Before it can get to my head I clear my throat getting their attention.

"We need your special skills to hack into a certain server-"

"Piece of cake." Peter chimes in next to me giving me a lopsided smile. Tony's face brightens and I know they're both plotting something against me.

"I was talking to Ned." Peter realizes his mistake and his face turns bright red as he sinks back into his seat. I look past him to a surprised Ned and try to ignore Tony's disappointed face.

"It's a Wakandan server that keeps up their shield, we need you to hack it, trace it's entrance point and then get out before they can track the hack back to us."

Ned nods and I can see his brain running through the steps and scenarios.

"Yeah, I think I can but my laptop won't be able to read a signal all the way in Africa."

Tony laughs in the front seat making Ned look down in embarrassment. I feel the sudden urge to smack Tony across his billion dollar face but instead I turn to an embarrassed Ned.

"SHIELD is a disgusting organization for assholes but if there's one thing they can do right it's their toys." I send a small but reassuring smile before giving Tony a glare and nodding my head towards Ned.

"Right, Don't worry I'll hook you up." Tony glanced back at me with a look that says are-you-happy-now. I nod my head and lean back in the seat making my position identical to Peters. We ride along but now the car is full of Neds crazy questions and Peter and Tony's laugh. It might seem crazy or maybe it's just because I haven't been my usual self recently but I like their laughs way better than I like the silence.

Pulling up to the the base I think Ned is going to die from over excitement, that or he's going to pass out from asking too many questions.

"IS THAT A REAL QUINJET?" He yells over the sound of the engine before running to catch up with Peter and I.

"Yes." I say watching him, confused that he's so in awe of something so dangerous and scary. We continue the long walk to the lab as Ned points out everything that has even the slightest bit of importance.