6: Good Ol' Family Road trip

"Could you be a little less melodramatic?" I ask him as he drops his hammer to his side giving us a booming laugh. We all look at each other confused and Steve steps forward.

"Thor, why do we have to take Ethel-"
"Echo" I correct him annoyed.

"Right, why does Echo have to come with us?"

"And how did you know my name?" I step forward to taking my place to Steve.

"You are the only way Captain Rogers and his friends can get into the temple and get the information they want."
"Is there is any other way?" I ask glancing to Barnes who has also stepped next to Rogers.

"You are the key Echo, you are the only one who can save us."

"Fantastic." I mumble sarcastically, holding my head in my hands.

"Thor why is she-"

"There is much to explain and I will, on the way but we must return to New York to get your cash."

"Thats funny we were just talking-"

"It will have to wait young maiden, the fate of the universe is at stake." He grabs my arm pulling me away from Steve and Barnes.

"W-wait," I stutter pulling my arm out of his strong grasp. "I don't want to- I can't-"

"I understand you may be worried but we will help you and you can help us."

"I'm not going to help you just to go back behind walls for the rest of my life."

"And we only have 7 hours left with Echo in our custody." Romanoff adds resting her hand on her gun holster. "There's not enough time to get to New York and on a plane and to this magic temple."

"I'm counting on you to change that Natasha, and you too." Thor points to Tony who rolls his eyes.

"As for us we should get flying."

"Uh that's not going to work out." Angry says pulling on his winter coat.

"I know your flying is no match for mine but you can manage son of Will."

Bucky has the faintest glimmer of a smirk as he puts on his winter jacket watching Angry.

"No, my flying is good, right?" Steve gives him a terrible fake smile and Bucky shrugs.

"Ok, ouch but not the point like Echo did say people aren't very big fans of us so flying over New York, not our best option."

"Then into the motor vehicle." He chimes stepping out into the cold wind. I follow him out, ignoring Romanoffs warnings about me freezing to death.

"Are you saying that we are all going to drive 5 hours in a car to New York because if that the case someone isn't going to make it there alive."

"Do not worry I will not harm any of you."

"That's not what-"

"This way." Thor trudges through the snow heading further away from the jet. I look back to Barnes, Rogers and Angry who walk past me to follow him. Tony gives me an encouraging thumbs up before he turns to follow Romanoff back to the jet. I have to run to catch up with them before I lose sight through the heavy snow. I feel my whole body beginning to numb up but surprisingly not my left arm, thanks to the stone. We finally reach a beat up white truck covered in snow, making it almost invisible. Thor opens up the door and touches where the key would go, there's a small flash of electricity and the engine starts.

"We're stealing it?" Angry questions sounding uncertain.

"You're a wanted criminal, better get used to it." I smirk jumping in the back seat and in front of the warm heater. Angry gets in on my left and, of course, Bucky on my right. Rogers steps on the gas and we go flying down the hill. I instinctively grab Angry's jacket and hold in like my life depends on it, which with this driving it probably does.