Family

Chapter 2: Family 

Date: August 23rd, 2009 

POV: Bella 

Author's Note: 

-POV changes every chapter, unless it's two parts. 

-No vampires nor werewolves

                                                             My Bella (Edward)

         On the way home, I played with the iPod that Edward had given me. Unfortunately, he doesn't listen to me when I ask for a gift that he has to pay for... I heard him talking on the phone, worried, and I look at him. He looks sad and I take his hand and hold it. He tightens his grip lightly and I give him a small smile and then when he hangs up, I ask, 

"Everything okay?" I ask, hoping it was. 

          He sighs and takes a deep breath. "Alice and Jacob were in a car accident.."  

          I gasp. "H..ho..how?" I ask, worried.  

"Drunk driver ran the light and hit Alice's side. She's in a coma and Jacob has only a few marks, stitches, bruises, and a broken nose." He closes his eyes and groans. 

"I'm sorry." I whisper. 

          Jacob and Alice are Edward's closest friends. Alice and Jacob were my friends too, but they were Edward's first friends. Alice and Jacob weren't dating, but they were that close that they could be.  

          I saw tears fall down Edward's cheek and I wipe them away and put my head on his shoulder. "It'll be okay, Edward. She's gonna be okay.."  

          Edward got another call but he refused to answer it, so I answered it for him. "Hello?" I ask, holding onto Edward.  

"Bella? Is that you?" It was his sister, Rosalie.  

"Yeah, Rosalie. What's up?" I ask, worried. 

"Did you know Alice was pregnant?" She asks, worried and freaked out.  

"She is?!" I ask and my eyes widened.  

"Did Edward know?" 

"Um.. Let me ask.." I put the phone on my shoulder so she couldn't hear. "Did you know Alice was pregnant?"  

          He looks at me, shocked. "She is?!"  

          I put the phone to my ear. "Nope."  

          She cusses under her breath. "They had to do an emergency c-section. The baby is okay, but.. He's so small, they don't know if he'll make it.." She whispers.  

          I gasped and Edward looked at me, worried. "Anything else? Did they say anything else?" I ask her, worried.  

"Jacob's gonna go home tomorrow, Alice is.." She sounded like she was crying now. "She's doing worse than before.."  

          I felt like I was gonna cry now. I sigh. "O..okay.." I say. What else was I gonna say? "Bye Rosalie." 

"Bye." She begins crying harder before she hangs up.  

          I hang up and look at Edward. "They had to do an emergency c-section for Alice's baby.."  

"Who's the father?" He asked.  

          There are two possible people. Alice is with Jasper, but she really likes Jacob. She won't deny it.  

"Rosalie didn't say.." I felt tears roll down my cheeks.  

"You shouldn't be the one crying, Bella.." He wipes my tears and kisses my cheek.  

"All we can do is pray.." I whisper, sad.

           By the time we got to the airport, Edward walked to the Volvo and sighed.  

"Edward, what's wrong?" I ask, worried. 

"This is your car.." He sighs. "I assume you'll be mad though."  

          I gasp. My car. He says. I jump into his arms and laugh. "Thank you, Edward! I love it." I mean, he broke the rules, but, I didn't want him to be so sad.  Besides, I needed a new car...

          He smiles slightly and sighs. "We should be going now." He opens the passenger side for me and closes it after I get in. He goes to the other side and drives to the hospital. 

          When we get to the hospital, we first see Jacob. They wouldn't let us see Alice. We went to his room and Jacob was crying. Edward ran to him and they had a brotherly hug. I see Rosalie walk in and we hug. I let her cry on my shoulder. "It's gonna be okay, Rosalie." I tell her, rubbing her back. I felt bad. Alice and Rosalie were so close. They knew each other since Alice was born.  

          After the reunions, we all sit around Jacob and we just talk. Rosalie and Jacob ask about the honeymoon and we tell them a few things about it. Most of it was make-out sessions, but I wasn't gonna tell them that. Then the doctor came into the room. 

"I have a few questions about Alice, if someone can answer them." We all look at her. "I assume that's all of you." She sighs. "Does she have any relatives close that we can call?"  

"Close as in..?" I ask, Edward takes my hand. 

"In the state at least?" 

"No.." Rosalie sighs. "After the wedding, they went back to New York." 

"Okay.. Um.. Do we know who the father of the baby is?" She asks, looking at us again. 

"Well, she's dating Jasper, but she likes Jacob a lot.."  

          Jacob sighs. "Yeah, I'm the father."  

          Rosalie gasps. "Oh my gosh.."  

"Well, there goes the whole Jasper and Alice thing.." Edward sighs.  

"And, does Alice suffer from any illnesses? Diabetes, high blood pressure, or anything?"  

"I don't think so.." Rosalie says, looking at her serious. 

"Okay, thanks guys." She walked back out with her clipboard.  

"Does Jasper know?" I ask Jacob. 

          He shrugs. "Alice wanted me to come with her to do something and then we were hit. Out of nowhere." He sighs. "Alice didn't want to go after we went to that light, but I told her to turn around and after our light was green, we went and.. Alice.." He sighs and tears fall down my cheeks. "I'll never be able to forgive myself if Alice didn't make it."  

          I sigh. "I know what you guys mean... It does hurt.. But all we can do now is hope and pray.." I tell them, giving them sorry looks.  

"Did you guys call Alice's parents at least?" Jacob asks, worried. 

"No." Rosalie sighs. "They just got a promotion and are moving across the globe and I just didn't have the heart to tell them.."  

          I sigh and Edward gets up. I look at him. "I have to call her parents." He takes his phone out his pocket and leaves the room to call them.

          He called their parents, both of them because they were away from each other, and they hopped on a plane to get here. Jacob wanted to see his baby. That was a must. The doctors took us to the NICU and the little baby slept still, machines all over the body.

~~~