The New Year, Jet Lag, and Adoption

Chapter 18: The New Year, Jet Lag, & Adoption 

Date: December 25, 2010 

POV: Bella 

Author's Note: 

-There will be more in each chapter so I can finish this book faster. ;)  

-Sorry if you didn't chose, adoption, but conceiving is for the next book. ;)

-Enjoy!!

                                                             My Bella (Edward)

          I opened my eyes and smiled when I saw Edward there. "Hi." I said quietly.  

          He kissed my cheeks and forehead and whispered, "Merry Christmas, love." 

          I giggled and nodded. "Merry Christmas to you too, gorgeous." I say back, before sitting up like him. "What's for breakfast?"  

"I was thinking some pancakes and coffee?" He smiles my favorite smile and I nodded quickly.  

"That would be nice." I tell him before getting up. "I'm gonna go change." I say before bending down and grabbing some clothes.  

          After changing into some warm clothes, I walked to the tiny kitchen and saw him flip the pancake over. I walked to him and kissed his cheek. He put his arm around me and smiled down at me. I smiled back and then sniffed. "When will it be ready?"  

"A few minutes, love." He tells me and then looks at the coffee maker. "The coffee should be ready though."  

"Okay." I walked over and poured two cups in the mugs provided. After he finished breakfast, we sat at the couch, watching the news and eating. After breakfast, he gave me my gift to open.  

          I looked at the small box and carefully opened it and gasped. "Oh my gosh! It's so beautiful!!" I say before taking out the necklace. "Wow.."  

"I remember you looking at them at the store and you said you really liked it." He says, smiling.  

"Can you help me put it on?" I turned to him and he put it on carefully and then he kissed my head. "Thank you so much.."  

"Anything for you, princess." He mumbles in my ear. I giggled and felt the blood rushing to my cheeks.  

"Okay, open this one!" I say, giving him a small box.  

          He laughs and then opens it. "Wow, Bella." He took out his watch. "I love it!" He smiled at me.  

          I laughed and then sat on him. "I hope you do."

Date: December 31, 2010

"Oh gosh, Edward.. There are a lot of people here.." I tell him, holding his hand tightly. 

"Don't worry, Bella. I know someone who can hook us up." I say before walking to the nearby restaurant.  

          There was a man who looked up and smiled. "Hey Edward!"  

"Hey Samuel." He let go of me and high-fives the guy. "This is my wife, Bella. Bella, this is my long time friend, Samuel."  

"Nice to meet you!" He smiled and shook my hand. "Come with me." He leads us to a table which was near the ball.  

"Wow.." I say and then I looked at Edward. "You're awesome."  

"Thanks." He smirked and sat next to me. "Alright, in four hours, it will be time." He says, promise in his voice. I kissed him softly and then put my head on his shoulder and smiled.