You Almost Died

Chapter 17: You Almost Died 

Date: November 30, 2010 

POV: Edward 

Author's Note: 

-This takes place before Bella found him.

                                                             My Bella

Date: November 30, 2010

          I woke up around 6:55 AM. My head was throbbing, and I was supposed to see a movie with Bella. Not a good start to my day. I turned and saw Bella sleeping so quietly next to me. I stroked her cheek and a smile appeared on her face. I smiled too, then I got up quietly and walked to the bathroom. I went to the cabinet and grabbed the aspirin and I sat down for a while, holding my throbbing head. I didn't tell Bella this, but it's been hurting since the day after Thanksgiving. I was gonna check out a doctor soon if it worsened.  

          I got downstairs and stood by the sink, about to get a cup, but soon, I fell onto my knees and held my pounding head. I wanted for Bella to call the hospital or something, but I don't want to worry her. I felt everything black out and my head hit the floor.

          I felt someone touching my hand and I couldn't open my eyes to look. Maybe I could just listen.  

"Edward.. You almost died today.." I heard Bella whisper. "How come you never told me your head was hurting? I could have called someone and you would have felt better. We're supposed to be honest to each other, but every time I asked, you said you were fine." I heard her sniffle. I really hope she wasn't crying. "You're not leaving me, remember? I don't want you to leave." I heard her take a deep breath and she put my hand on her cheek. I just wanted to hold her. "Please wake up, I need you.." She says and then she started sobbing. She put her head on my shoulder and continued to cry. I just wanted to hold her tightly and wipe the tears away. I don't know what happened, but I feel bad that I let it go this long.  

          Wake up, Edward, wake up! Is all I could think. It became easier to breathe, and hearing was better too. I remember the nurse asking Bella multiple times if she wanted something to eat. And my head wasn't hurting as much as it did before. I can tell soon I was gonna wake up and see my Bella again. Her sweet smile, her rosy red cheeks, her long, beautiful brown hair. I missed that. Hearing her cries broke my heart, and I just wanted to tell her how sorry I was. Wake up, Edward!  

          I heard Bella mumbling in her sleep again, and I couldn't help but listen to her. She usually had lovely dreams - she would tell me about them often - and most of them were nice.  

"Daddy will wake up soon, sweetie.." She murmurs, sounding upset. "Yeah, he'll be okay." She snuggled in my shoulder and sighed. "He can't be dead.. He said he wouldn't leave.." She started shaking, she was having a nightmare. Edward, wake up! I kept saying. I tried to reconnect to my body and then, I could feel my fingers and toes. I felt my eyes and I could force them open. When I did, I struggled to move my head carefully and turn to Bella. She was crying on my shoulder, whimpering and she was shaking. I began to rub her back and I opened my mouth to speak.