Trying Again

Chapter 8: Trying Again 

Date: October 10th, 2009 

POV: Bella 

Author's Note:

•I am starting to dedicate random fans, if you want a dedication, comment, vote, and share my story so you can get picked! 

                                                             My Bella (Edward)

          I laid next to Edward, out of breath. I then look at the ceiling and I feel Edward get on top of me again and kiss me. I moaned and then he began how we started again and I become happy.

Date: October 24th, 2009

          I sat down on the bed, crying. Edward had left to the grocery store, but that's not why I'm crying. I got my period today. Again. He also went to pick up a pregnancy test for me. So I waited. I let the tears fall down my cheeks and then I get a phone call. "Hello?"  

"Bella?" Rosalie asked, confused. "What's wrong?"  

"I got my period today. Again.." I tell her, sad. "I'm just never gonna have a baby, am I?"  

"Don't give up, Bella. It will happen, just not now." She says, serious. "Do you want me to come over?"  

"You don't have to.." I start crying again. "I'll be fine."  

"I'll be right over." She ignores me and hangs up.  

          I throw my phone at the wall and hold my knees to my chest and cry. Why can't I just be given a baby? Was I doing something wrong? Was Edward doing something wrong? I continued crying and then the door opened and I knew it was Edward. I heard running up the stairs and Edward passed me a box. I take it to the bathroom and I wait.  

          I sat in the bathroom, impatiently waiting. After a while, Edward came in to check on me. It heard it make a sound and Edward took it. His face showed the reflection of the results. I start crying again and he holds me. Negative. It says.  

"Why can't we just have a baby?" I ask, crying into his shoulders.  

"It's alright, love. We will. It takes time." He squeezes me lightly and then the doorbell rings.  

"It's Rose.." I tell him, pulling away. He gives me a confused look. "She called and I told her what happened.." He goes to answer the door. I wipe my tears and toss the test in the garbage. I heard walking up the stairs and talking. I was too sad to listen. I heard the door open and I looked at Rosalie who gave me a tight hug. I started crying again.

Date: December 13th, 2009

          This was the fourth time Edward and I tried. I took a test two weeks after and it still said negative. So, I made an appointment with the doctor we had before. We went in to see her and she gave us awful news.  

"Um, I don't think you're able to conceive." She says, standing up. "If you were, by now, it would have happened."  

I gasp and Edward hold me so I wouldn't fall down crying. I felt tears in my eyes. "Is there anything we can do?" I ask, holding Edward.  

"Well, there are two options. One, you can get a surrogate, or two, you can see Allistari. She knows more than most of us here in Washington state." She sighs. "I'm sorry."