Disappointment, Makeover, and Hope

Chapter 19: Disappointment, Makeover, and Hope  

Date: June 10, 2011 

POV: Edward 

Author's Note:  

-Please enjoy.

                                                             My Bella

          I walked into the bedroom and sat on the bed. I saw my angelic Bella asleep. I pressed a kiss on her cheek and took off my shoes. I got under the covers as my wife opened her eyes and then looked at me.  

"Is it over?" She asked me, moving the hair out of her face and she moved into my arms. I nodded my head and she sighed. "I can't believe it."  

"I'm so sorry, Bella." I sighed as the conversation ran in my head again.

"Hello?" Bella answered, handing Ryan to me.  

"Bella, hey, this is Karen. I have some news. Are you ready to hear it?"  

"Yes." She says, before putting the phone on speaker. I squeezed her hand and she looked at me. I can tell she was nervous.  

"Well, after Katelyn and Celeste argued for a good hour or so," Karen sighed. "She decided to take the baby back."

          I cringed at the memory and Bella began to cry again. I hated seeing my angel so sad. Especially since she finally had what she wanted for a while. I hugged her and let her cry on my shoulder.

Date: June 20, 2011

          I woke up to the aroma of bacon, eggs, and waffles, along with some coffee. I opened my eyes and saw Bella putting the food on the nightstand. She looked at me and smiled.  

"Happy Birthday, Edward!!" She squealed. "I made you breakfast."  

"Oh, Bella, you didn't have to." She kissed me and I kissed her back and then she pulled away and smiled.  

"But I did. I made waffles, bacon, and eggs. Just the way you like them." Her smile was adorable, and she giggled.  

"Well geez, Bella.. I don't know if I can finish it all.." I saw her jaw drop and I laughed. "I'm joking, I'm joking." I sat up and she set the plate on my lap. "You're the best."  

"No, you are." She sat next to me and both of us ate together.

Date: June 30, 2011 

Time: 4:32 PM

          I sat on the couch with Bella and she sighed. I knew she was upset and she tried to hide it. I kissed her head and she looked at me and then smiled. "What's wrong, love?"  

"Nothing. Nothing." She says before moving to my lap. "Just thinking.."  

"About what?" I asked, rubbing her back.  

She shook her head. "Nothing really. Just memories.. That's all."  

          I kissed her cheeks and her nose and then kissed her. As the kiss got intense, the phone rang. I sighed and pulled away. "Perfect." I took it and saw Karen's number. "Hello?"  

"Hey Edward!! Happy birthday!!" Karen squealed.  

I laughed. "Thanks Karen. What's up?"  

"Is Bella there? I need to talk to both of you about something."