Welcome Back to America

Chapter 16: Welcome Back To America 

Date: September 16, 2010 

POV: Bella 

Author's Note(s): 

-Sorry for the long wait.. 

-Hope you enjoy this chapter!

                                                             My Bella (Edward)

"Bella? Is that you?" I heard it. I really hope it wasn't who I thought I heard.

          I stared at the familiar face, and the voice.. It's only one person.. And he's the worst person alive. Todd. His brown hair, his voice, he's 6'1 too, hard to miss. I look down and I just closed my eyes. I hated him since the day he hit me. Not at the dance either - the first time he hit me.

~Flashback~ 

"I have to go to class, Todd." I said, pushing him away from me. 

"No you don't. Come watch us play, there's a sub today." He says kissing my neck. 

I pushed him off of me and then he hit me. I fell to the floor and held my cheek. I felt the tears stream down my face.  

"Are you coming or not?" He asked, squinting his eyes.  

"I can't.. I have a test today.." I say and then he kicked me.  

"Fine, if that's how you want it to be." He walks away and I sit up and hold my stomach. I fight the burn and I get up and go to class - seconds left to spare. I sat at my table and after the teacher handed out the tests, I struggled to do mine. The teacher, Ms. Rowan, walked to me and looked at me.  

"Are you sick, Bella?" She asked, confused. I always liked Ms. Rowan. She noticed everything and most of the time, it's a good thing. I just nod my head. "Go to the nurse, I'll sign your pass."

~End of flashback~

        And also the last time he hit me. It was graduation day and Edward and Alice went off to see their parents while I went to find mine. Then, he grabbed me and pulled me into the male bathroom into a corner where you can't see from the outside, you have to walk inside to see us.

~Flashback~ 

          I was on the cold, hard floor, crying hard. It was after graduation and he wanted to leave me scarred. I tried to yell at him to stop, but he only hit me more for trying. I wanted to be in Edward's protective, loving, and strong arms. I always felt safe there. When I had nightmares and Edward was there, once he hugged me, all the scary pictures and scary dreams went away. And all that mattered was us. He always made me feel like a princess, and he was my prince. That's how a relationship should be. I shouldn't have to worry about getting hit or making sure no one found out about the abuse. By now, everyone knew he hit me, and it made things a lot worse this way. 

"So you think you're gonna get away from me that easily?" He kicked me and then he picked me up, holding my hair. Then he banged my head against the wall. "Well it's not that simple. I'll be watching you, Bella. In your sleep, while your awake, while your working, always watching. And one day, I will attack you." He says in my ear, and then he smiled. "But this will leave a permanent scar." He threw me into the wall and I heard a crack and lost feeling in my arm. He ran off and I was in the bathroom, crying.