003

"here is your schedule, hun." she handed me a piece of paper.

"thanks," i mumbled.

she looked behind me as if she was looking for someone. "mr. henderson!" she called, "come here please." he walked up to us both.

"yes ms. sulkman?"

"we have a new student," she motioned to me. i gave a tiny wave. he just smiled.
"i want you to show her to her first class, got it?"

"yes ma'am!" he saluted. he was quite the character.

"off you go," she said and turned around.

"let me see your schedule.." he trailed off.

"it's (y/n),"

"that's pretty," he smiled but quickly frowned after realizing what he said, "pretty cool, yeah pretty cool, i like it i mean." he tried to recover but failed. "my name is dustin"

"i like your name too dustin," i nudged him. he blushed.

"um, your schedule."

"yeah, right sorry!" i handed him my schedule and our hands lightly touched. i quickly put my hand to my side.

"looks like we have all the same classes! except math and history" he said a little too excited, but i let it pass. "let's get to english before the bell rings." i hummed in response.

i followed dustin through the many hallways untill we made it to the english classroom. "if you ever need help finding a class just find me okay?" dustin said before walking over to his seat. "okay," i quickly said back. my eyes scanned the room and i saw max next to dustin. great.

a lady tapped my shoulder and brought me out of my thoughts. "hello, are you new?"

"yes, i am" i said with the fakest smile.

"what's your name?" i told her my name and she told me hers. her name was mrs. baker.

"max?" maxine shot her head up.

"care to show (y/n) around?"

"no, i really don't," she replied sassily.

"maxine!" mrs. baker scolded her, "do it or detention."

"okay, fine. let's go (y/n)." i looked over at dustin. he looked at us disappointed, like he wanted to take me. i rather have him than her. i followed max out.

our tour was about to come to an end when i asked max a question, "do you really not like me because of the skateboard thing?"

"for the most part yes. but other than that you're okay i guess."

"why do you care so much?" she stopped walking.

"because (y/n). you're hiding something. and i'm gonna figure it out, whether you like it or not." i was taken back by what she said. she sent a shiver down my spine. she turned and continued walking. "that's why."

when we made it back to the classroom i sat next to dustin. i took out a piece of paper and wrote, "max is mean.... and kind of scary. don't tell her i said that!" when the teacher wasn't looking i threw the paper at dustin. he opened it and read. he chuckled quietly and started writing back. he gave it back to me.

it read, "i know right! trust me your secret is safe with me!" i smiled. i wrote back, "thanks dustin <3" i handed him back the note. after about three seconds he handed it back. it said, "no problem scaredy-cat" i laughed at the nickname.

right after the bell rung and i shoved the paper into my pocket.

"bye scaredy-cat!" dustin waved and stuck out his tongue.