013

your pov

i sat down at the table, "hey. before you say anything let me speak okay." i paused to recollect my thoughts, "i just wanted to say sorry if i've ever been mean or suspicious to any of you guys. you guys seem like really cool people and i would love to be friends with you all. so i hope we're cool?" i lied straight through my teeth.

lucas and will nodded. dustin smiled. mike mumbled a quick 'sure'. eleven blinked.

"okay. sure we can be friends." max said loud and proud. i scanned her face. she looked genuine. looked.

"great!" i said. it was silent. an awkward silence.

max broke the awkward silence,"so um, are you gonna sit with us or bianca?" she asked.

"i'm ignoring her. so here." i retorted.

everyone put on a puzzled look, "why? isn't she like your best friend or something?" el asked.

in the lab the children had made up signals to talk to each other when we weren't supposed to be speaking. they were only important words, well words that were important to us. kind of like sign language i think it's called. most of it was sign language. there was this girl, seven, who came in when she was about six years old. she couldn't talk, laugh, scream, or pretty much do anything with her voice. she knew sign language and somehow she taught us. again only key words. one of them being spy. the hand motion for spy was: 4 fingers up, you start with your hand to your ear and you move it to your mouth. then you take one finger and you move it from your mouth to your eye. it's hard to explain. but i did that signal to eleven. her eyes widened but she quickly got them to normal size again. everyone looked at us confused.

"it's um sign language," i explained.

"you know sign language jane?" will asked.

"just a little." she shyly responded.

"wait. how do you know she knows sign language?" mike pointed at me.

"she told me."

he nodded, "right," he squinted his eyes.

eleven signed bathroom. i nodded at her. i waited for her to get up but she never did. i just assumed she meant after lunch then.

————— after lunchtime ————

lunch actually as bad as i thought it would be. after the awkward silence we had a pretty good conversation. mostly about school and how annoying the teachers are but also a few questions for me. nothing crazy, just about my home life and where i lived before. they were actually cool people. i thought i would feel bad for doing what i'm doing to them but i don't. at least not yet. no one seems suspecting of me so i guess i'm good to go to phase two, finally. phase two was the information phase! one of my favorite powers to use. i just have to find a way to touch them for long periods of time.

we all walked out of the lunch room and headed for our lockers. everyone but el. i completely forgot i was supposed to meet her at the bathroom. as i was walking towards the lockers i saw bianca coming towards me. i quickly turned around. not wanting to draw too much attention to myself i sped walked to the bathroom. hopefully i can get in and lock the door before she gets too close.

"(y/n)! you can't hide forever!" her voice just made me walk faster.

i opened the bathroom door enough for me to slip in. before i could lock it myself it locked. eleven.

"finally! what took so long?"

"hey! there was a lot of people and bianca is following me. speaking of let's move from the door so she can't hear us. what's up jane?" we both moved to the end of the bathroom.

"if she really a spy?" eleven whispered.

"yeah. she bugged me."

"wow."

"is that what you called me in here for?" i asked.

"oh yeah, don't use the 'sign language' in front of the party again please. mike is gonna attack me with questions later." she whined.

"do you me to attack him?" i put emphasis on attack.

she laughed, "no. i'll figure it out." the bell rung, "gotta get to class. see you later!" she ran off. i followed closely behind.

————— after school —————

"(y/n)!" oh my god. if this girl doesn't leave me alone.

"bianca. please. i'm not in the mood." i grumbled.

"just tell me why." she begged.

"why what?" i swiftly turned around.

"you're ignoring me." she frowned.

"i just don't feel like speaking to you."

"but why?"

"because you're a spy!" i yelled and marched further down the hall.

she ran up behind me, "what? no!" she blurted out.

"you bugged me asshole!" i pushed through the front door.

"how do you know?!" she yelled and covered her mouth noticing her mistake.

i turned around, "aha! i knew it! you know, i actually really liked you bianca. i guess you were a mistake." i hissed.

she crossed her arms, "bout' time you figured it out," she smirked, "almost thought you didn't have it in you."

"shut up." i mounted my bike, "don't expect to wake up tomorrow, babe." i mocked.

—————— at yo house —————

"fuck bianca. she's an asshole." i mumbled to myself while unlocking the door. when i unlocked the door i heard talking. a male and cassandra but it wasn't papa. i quietly closed the door and took of my shoes and backpack. i tip toed to the entrance of the living room. once i saw who it was i started clapping. billy hargrove. cassandra instantly stood up.

"cassandra. care to introduce me to your friend?" i crossed my arms and smiled.

"no, i really don't," she snarled.

the boy stood up, "billy. billy hargrove. you are?" he flashed a smile. fake ass. i knew he abused his sister.

"(y/n)," i gave a fake smile back.

"beautiful name." he complimented.

"not really." i quickly responsed.

"quick aren't you? just like my sister."

"i'm going upstairs." i blankly said, "bye billy."

"i hate you," cassandra said in my head.

love you too cass.

—————————————
who told me to come up with the sign language thing. you probably won't use it much.
also for my readers that are 40+ years old please exit the premises.
& cześć to my polish readers 😉
love ya bb,
-aaliyah 💞💗💓
[word count: 1037]