004

i was speed walking out of the busy hallways. i was almost out the door when someone lightly tapped my shoulder. i took it as someone behind me accidentally touched me while moving so i kept walking.

"(y/n)! wait up!" a female voice said.

"huh?" i turned around, "oh, hi bianca."

"here," she placed a piece of paper in my hand, "my number. we're going to be great friends!" she skipped off and left.

okay then. i put the paper in my pocket and continued to walk towards the bike rack. i stopped. i realized i don't have a bike. meaning i've got to walk home. i groaned and face palmed. karma's a bitch.

"hey scaredy-cat!" someone called.

"hi dustin," i waved.

he unlocked his bike and hopped on, "get on, i'll take you home." i shook my head.

"it's okay dustin, i'll just walk."

"you can't do that! come on!" he insisted.

papa told me not to get attached. but what's one bike ride home?

"ok sure. why not, since you insist." i got on the bike and held on to dustin's waist.

————————

"cass i'm home!" i closed the door behind me and took off my shoes. "cassandra!" i yelled again.

she sent a message into my head, 'i'm upstairs so shut up'

"okay" i yelled once again to piss her off.

"(y/n), i'm on the the phone, asshole" she came storming down the stairs.

"ooo with who?" i questioned curiously.

"why do you care? you know what, i don't care why you care. leave me alone." she walked back up the stairs.

"feisty." i whispered and sat down on the couch. i had nothing to do. bothering cassandra was always fun. luckily for me she just came down the steps. i should scare her!

i slowly crept up behind her.

"don't try to scare me, (y/n)." she said without turning around.

i frowned, "how did you know i was behind you?" she glanced at me. "oh right, you got that whole mind reading thing going on." i sat down at the island.

"that and i can sense people behind me."

"anyhoo. who were you on the phone with. tell me!" i begged.

"just so you'll shut up. i was talking to this boy named billy." she gave a small smile.

"billy hargrove?"

"how do you know him?" she said shocked.

"papa, duh! they told me about everyone. they didn't do that for you?"

"no" she whispered.

"oh, well" i awkwardly chuckled, "he's bad news apparently. according to what they told me. and his sister, maxine, is an asshole."