016

ok um i'm re uploading this chapter so sorry if you've already read it. i messed up the names lmao my bad
—————————
"do you need water?" dustin frantically asked, "wait what is that?" he pointed to something moving in the vomit.

i thought i done throwing those little shits up! "it-it's nothing!" i quickly flushed the toilet. a little water hit my face but that's the least of my problems, "i'll take that's offer for water now." i rushed out.

"y-yeah okay." he shakily stood up and ran to his kitchen. i stood up to my feet and slowly walked over to dustin.

"do have a paper to-"

dustin jumped, "you scared me!"

"look who's the scaredy-cat now?" i weakly laughed. dustin didn't respond. odd. he always laughs along with me.

"can i ask you something?" dustin asked. as soon as the words escaped his mouth, the phone rang, "i'll get it." he picked up phone and began speaking to the other person on the line.

dustin put down the phone and said, "my mom's coming home. if you don't leave now she'll probably bother you when she comes. and i don't want to get teased in front of-"

"dustin, it's okay," i smiled, "i can handle it. it's just your mom."

"and she's bringing time new cat too." he persisted.

"a cat? oh no. i think i'll go. i rather throw three more times than be around a cat."

"why?"

flashback

dr. collot put a cat down in front of me. they're testing my mind control. i've seen this cat before. back to the mind control. i know i can't. cassandra can. or one as all the other patients know her as. i know everyone's name, even though they might not know themselves. the power of information. i know what i can do and this is not it.

"ten." dr. collot addressed me.

"yes?" i looked at her but not in the eye.

she nodded her towards the cat. i put my hand on the cat and closed my eyes. i think i was hurting the cat because it hissed at me. i was told not to pay attention to things like that. the cat started hissing even more. before knew it i felt the cat moved from under my hand. i felt this burning sensation on my arm. there was something running down my arm as well. i knew stopping the process early had bad consequences and could leave me dizzy but the pain was too much. when i opened my eyes and i saw dr. ghal wiping my arm off. blood. blood all down my arm. i didn't know how to react. i knew if i reacted badly i would get punished. i'll mostlikely be locked in a dark room and without food at least. one of the best punishments here. ask anyone. but cassandra. she's a favorite around here. but if i keep quiet i'll be in more pain. but the pain from hunger is worse. so i kept my mouth shut. after i was bandaged up i was sent to my room. no social time with others. now that's the best punishment. i sat on the floor and stared at the wall. i hate cats.

flashback end

"no reason, i'm just not a cat person." i lied.

"oh okay." dustin nodded. i heard a car pull up.

"shit! i should go. distract your mom while i leave."

——
after successfully getting around dustin's mom, which took a while, and avoiding the cat i hopped on my bike. before i rode off dustin came out, "bye (y/n)!"

"bye dustin!"

————— monday —————

i walked into the school building to be met with semi-empty hallways. i didn't realize i was so early. i saw a few people i knew but no one i was close with. like dustin. i wonder how he is. how we left each other yesterday was not ideal. cass is right. i do think about him a lot.

i turned the corner to see the back of a familiar head. talking to a girl. a very pretty girl. summer rivas. the popular girl of the freshman class. the biggest bitch of our freshman class. she has long dark brown hair and emerald green eyes. what was a girl like a that doing talking to dustin? no offense to dustin. probably nothing good is what i assumed. most likely forcing him to do her homework. though i tried to convince myself that was the case, i couldn't help but have this weird feeling in my chest. i see them together quite a bit. i've never felt it before. it was odd. without thinking i walked up to them and opened my mouth to say, "hi. can i help you?"

she gave me a confused look, "can i help you?" she asked me back, "i'm just talking to dustin here." she looked at him and smiled. gross.

"and why is that? i know you don't have any good intentions summer." i retorted.

now dustin looked at me, "are you okay (y/n)? after what happened yesterday," he trailed off.

"i'm fine," i gave him a half smile. he still cares. summer hasn't corrupted him completely yet, "thanks for ask-"

"you hang out with her? outside of school even?" summer quizzed, rudely.

"i could say the same about you. oh wait, he doesn't hang out with you out of school." i faked pouted.

"aw, someone's feeling brave because they're in front of their friend." she smirked. she left me stumped. she was kinda right. summer did bother me at school and occasionally i will say something but not always, definitely not how i'm acting now.

"i- uh feed off of people's energies," i held dustin's hand, "and dustin's energy is a great one." i looked up at him and smiled. he blushed back.

summer shoved me, "you think you're big and bad don't you? not compared to me."

i let go of the curly haired boy's hand, "summer. leave. me. alone!"

"what are you going to do about it?" her accent stuck out more. did i mention she has an accent?

"forget it. who knew you liked dustin?" i smirked.

she got flustered, "n-no i don't," she rolled her eyes, "it's not like you're any competition."

the hallways flooded with teenagers. most likely coming from the buses. summer blew dustin a kiss, "bye dusty. (y/n)." and she was off.

"bye dusty," i mocked. dustin tried to keep a straight face but he still laughed. i joined him.

"walk me to my locker?" i asked.

"yeah, sure." he smiled.

——————
haha summer rivas is the name of one of my sims

i love rex orange county & you,
aaliyah 💞

[word count: 1084]