014

———— next day ————

"i got the spy!" i yelled in excitement.

papa started clapping, "i am so proud of you ten." he smiled.

i smiled back, "thank you papa. but she needs to be killed. like asap." i crossed my arms.

"he knows that, stupid," cass remarked.

"we won't kill her." he said.

"what do you mean? she's a spy! that's what you've always done," i complained.

papa stood up and put his sunglasses back on, "but she's also a kid. don't worry about it." dang. a good threat gone to waste.

"fine."

"bye papa," cass said and followed him out the door. i wonder what they were talking about.

—————— will's house ——————

will's pov

a knock at the door. odd. well, it wasn't the knock that was odd, it was the type of knock. people who were close to us knew the special knock but this person didn't. mom wouldn't like me opening this door but something was telling me to. i'm gonna open it.

i put my head out the door to find myself looking at a girl's back, "hello?"

she turned around. it was just (y/n). no, not just (y/n), the (y/n). she was pretty but mysterious. i've seen her before when i went to a place i've never been before. not the upside down or the void. but some weird place that looks exactly like our universe but only i can see in it. not even eleven. it's crazy. i've been there only a couple times. it's like i'm forced there. whenever i go i never plan to go, i just do. most times no one is there. i've only seem her there once. i don't stay for long either. i've tried my best to go back but i can't. no one believes me. not even el.

"earth to will? are you okay? i've been calling your name." she waved her hand in my face.

i blinked fiercely, "sorry. i mean i'm fine."

"is jane here?"

i scrunched my eyebrows together, "no. why? how do you even know if she would be here?" i questioned her.

"don't worry about it." her eyes widened like she remembered something, "thanks though," she walked to her bike, "bye will!" she yelled.

i shut the door and ran to my room. i grabbed my supercom.

i pulled up the antenna, "hello? is anyone there? preferably eleven."

"will?" mike said.

"mike! is el with you?"

"actually, no. what's up?"

"(y/n) is looking for her."

"why?" i heard his bed squeak meaning he stood up.

"i don't know. just thought i should tell you."

"oh okay. thanks, i guess?" he obviously thought this talk was dumb.

"bye mike."

"bye wi-" i cut him off by pushing down the antenna.

————————

your pov

"eleven!" i called, "come out, or i'll come in!" i yelled to the cabin? whatever you'll call this tiny house thing.

she stuck her head out the window, it was broken, "um hey (y/n). you were looking for me?"

"you broke that didn't- wait how do you know that?" i walked closer to her.