010

dustin's pov

did i see what i think i just saw? no way. not possible. teleporting things isn't real. i don't know anymore. eleven has made me rethink everything. but she couldn't be like that. she acts nothing like how el did. she can read. not good, but she can. she can talk with full sentences. she has hair! see, i'm overthinking it. it was nothing. she probably pulled the paper out of her pocket. yeah, that's it.

"dustin? you there?" the girl in front of me asked.

"um, yeah. just thinking." i looked down and walked over to my couch. i sat myself down. it was nothing dustin! you're just paranoid. what eleven said has you thinking everyone has powers around you. remember you saw max make a flower appear in her hand but she didn't? it's all in your head.

your pov

did he see me? he's acting all weird. he saw me. shit, shit, shit! i swear he was still in the bathroom. calm down. he probably just thought about how he's helping me how to read better and it's overwhelming him. yeah that's it. i hope.

ever since i came back yesterday dustin has been acting funny. watching everything i do but keeping distance. i knew eleven had to be the reason. she was always fucking up, even in the lab. she must have said something. i'll have cass look into it. while i was gone i found out cass is getting stronger. she can read minds even if the person she is reading isn't around her. lord knows she is reading mine right now.

for the past week i've been at the lab. getting tested and being asked questions about what has happened while i've been gone. i told papa about what happened with eleven. he was shocked but happy about that. happy because i teleported. and shocked because i fucking teleported. i told them almost everything. everything but what dustin told me when we went to the arcade. about his dad. i couldn't bring myself to do it! instead of letting my brain control me, i'm letting my heart drive. it's fucking everything up. i tried countless times but the words wouldn't come out.

i care about him too much.

————————
here you go. you're welcome boo.
p.s. you still have a power i haven't told you about. oops
also happy 200 reads to me.
love ya 🧡
-aaliyah
[word count: 375]