Chapter 4 - February 5, 2017 - Advanced Guardian Training Center

"And you Cadet Harrison, what is your plan for an evacuation of Aether if we were attacked" asked my instructor.

We were doing a big project that would help us understand an plan what to do if we were forced to abandon Aether. It seemed a little odd but the Doctor requested we do the project personally. I guess she fears aliens or something...

I got up an went to the front of the room. Doctor Ross had been watching all of our presentations. I have to say, I was a bit nervous especially with the Doctor here. I approached to the table an activated the hologram to present.

"Don't be nervous Jacen, you've been the best student I've had in this class. You will do well" said the instructor. That eased me up a little, I took a deep breath and slowly began.

"Pulling off a full scale retreat would be difficult but I think I know the best way. For the best escape plan, I would rely on custom built S.D.F. Cruisers, Super Defense Frigits with the speed and the capability to flee and escape. These cruisers would also have the cargo space to hold anything and everything necessary to take with us during the evacuation" I said.

The Doctor smiled at me, I assumed that meant I was doing ok. "How would you prevent the S.D.F. Cruisers from being hit by enemy fire" asked the instructor.

"Using this space stations planetary shield. We will allow each cruiser to escape different times. To insure extra safety, I would install anti-air turrents on the space station's shield. As the turrents divert fire away from the station the S.D.F. cruisers will escape through the entrance in the middle of the space station" I said.

"That sounds like a good plan, excellent" said Doctor Ross. I smiled a little and continued on with my presentation.

"After we escape, we will need to find a new planet to live...and I believe I've found a perfect option" I said. I clicked on the maps icon on the computer and diverted everyone's attention to a small galaxy far from Earth and Aether.

"The planet is in this unknown galaxy. The galexy has another planet in it as well. The replacement plant for us is small but it should suit..." I stopped as I saw Doctor Ross's face. She looked suprised and worried, like I wasn't supposed to know about the galexy.

I refocused and continued on, "It should be suitable for our needs, the galaxy is undoubtedly unique. Hopefully will never have to do a mass evacuation but if we do, we should be prepared with my plan." Everyone clapped an cheered.

"Oh right, thank you all for doing this project. Everything you're learning is to help you prepare for every scenario. You all are dismissed" said the instructor.

"Jacen, may I speak with you" asked Doctor Ross. I began to exit the room but was stopped by Justin and Serena. "You did good Jason, I just hope the Doctor doesn't kill you. She looked a little upset about something during your presentation" said Justin. "Oh he'll be fine. Stop scaring him Justin" said Serena. I fist bumped Justin then left the room to meet the Doctor.

"Over here Jacen" said Doctor Ross. She was standing next to a window, getting a view from Aether. I walked to her and looked as well, it looked amazing.

"Jacen, how did you know about those planets... more specifically, that galaxy" asked the Doctor. So it was the galaxy in my presentation that she was upset about. "I used map data and the resources I had here. I was able to analyze the planets and found they were the best option... why" I asked. I became curious why the Doctor was bringing this up.

"Those planets were classified, I erased there data but you found them anyway... impressive. Don't worry, I believe you cadet. I was simply curious" the Doctor reassured. "Will I fail because I made a mistake" I asked. "Of course not Jacen, you found that galaxy on your own even though I hid it. You're a very smart person, you've never failed to impress at all" said the Doctor. That made me a little happy, the program here has really helped my self-esteem.

"When the time comes, you will know more about that galaxy. For now, will keep it on the down low" said the Doctor. I nodded my head to let her know that was ok by me. "For now, I've got work to do on forming your new evacuation plan" she said.

"Wait why mine, I thought Cadet Davis had the better plan" I asked. "You still fail to see your potential. You do a lot of great things and you still see others better than you" said Doctor Ross. She wasn't wrong, I had been an excelling Guardian but I always thought others were better leaders.

"Go get some rest cadet, you earned a break especially after this project" she said. The Doctor and I then parted ways, leaving me alone in front of the window. I looked again at Aether from below, it was beautiful from the space station.

After a few minutes I went on to my freighter and to get some sleep, I've got a busy squedual ahead of me that will need it.