Chapter 9 - March 19, 2017 - Guardian Home

"The area surrounding the Russian facility... or what's left of it anyway... is currently under Guardian quarantine and will remain that way for the next month or 2 do to the nuclear fallout released there" said Justin.

Justin and I were in the middle of a debriefing, with our fellow colonels and fleet commanders, over our conflict in Russia. He was mostly leading it, mainly because I was to upset to do it. Losing Colonel Woods was hard enough but losing Serena was even harder.

"We will be doing a clean up and repair of everything Thrawn effected. Russia didn't deserve this and it is our job to make sure we clean up the mess. We will also be confiscating any and all of Thrawn's equipment; that means, tanks, blasters, death trooper, etcetera. We don't want anything of Thrawn's falling in the wrong hands. We will also be collecting and destroying the remains of the Organic Teleporter. That device is to dangerous to leave on Earth" said Justin.

"What about Thrawn" asked one of the fleet commanders. "Unfortanetly we can't do anything. Before he fleed, Colonel Taylor did a deep scan of the ship. It has a built in jamming aray that prevents us from tracking it" said Justin. "What do we do..." asked another fleet commander.

"We wait..." I said. Everyone looked at me, some were confused. I came closer to Justin and tapped his shoulder, letting him know I'd take over the briefing.

"I don't want to wait anymore then you do. There's nothing more I want then to make Thrawn pay for what he did... especially to Serena and Colonel Woods" I began.

"What we can do now is fix Russia and get the country back on it's feet again. Look at yourselves, we may have failed to stop Thrawn but we liberated Russia and saved there leader. We even stopped a New Cold War from happening..." I hesitated to continue but pushed myself anyway.

"My point is, today wasn't a complete failure, we did a lot of good and everyone should be proud of that" I said. "Now all of you, get your crews together. We have comrades that need to be burried."

All the fleet commanders left as ordered, some faster than others. Justin put his hand on my shoulder, "Ross made the right choice when she gave you your rank. Serena would be proud, all our fallen comrades would be proud" said Justin.

"Thanks buddy, but sounding good does it mean I am good... I'm simply doing what's right" I said. Justin held out his other hand to me, he was holding a holorecorder. "What is that..." I asked. "Before we left Aether, Serena handed this to me. She wanted you to have it" he said.

"I don't entirely understand" I said. "I don't either my friend" he said. I grabbed it from his hands and put it in one of my cargo pockets. "Loss is a natural part of conflict, General Harrison, but it's how we deal with it that proves who we are" said someone beside us, it was Doctor Ross.

"Pain is difficult to erase, I know dealing with it is difficult. Serena and you were a good team, so losing you teammate is undoubtedly hard to... comprehend" said the Doctor. Someone came behind the Doctor, I was suprised when I made out who it was... Vladimir Putin.

He was wearing an advanced translator device to help him speak to us. He began to speak Russian, his words were verbally translated by the device.

"Thank you General Harrison. All of Russia is grateful to the Guardians hospitality. I'm sorry for your loss, Serena was a good human being and I'm glad she became a Guardian. While some of the world will see you as nothing more than vigilantes, I see you as hero's and that will never change" said Vladimir.

"Thank you... for allowing us to fight for your country. Serena never should have died like the way she did, I blame myself for that and I'm deeply apologetic" I said. He extended his hand out to me, I shook it.

"Don't ever tear yourself down. I don't usually get along with... former Americans, but you are an exception. Continue to do what you do best and fight for our planet... hero's. If there is ever anything you need. Please, give me a call and the forces of Russia will gladly help" said Vladimir. He was then escorted out of the briefing room by one of the Guardian security guards.

"You may be the person, who one day unites the world" said Doctor Ross. I looked at her confused. "World peace... but we've got a long road to get to that" she said. Maybe she's right... maybe one day, the world will unite.

I looked at the holorecorder Justin handed me an decided to take a walk. I needed some time to myself. It's been a long day... and a painful one.

Thrawn's POV :

"Grand Admiral, we are out of range from the Guardian fleet and our advanced jamming aray is now active" said my deck officer.

"I should have been killed when I enterd that teleporter with Neo but gratefully the failsafe was more concentrated on Helix's servers. Neo and Director Black thought they ended me, now it's time to prove them wrong" I said.

I looked straight ahead at the towards the end of the bridge. "Neo, my true enemy, I'm coming for you" I whispered to myself.