Chapter 10 - July 11, 2017 - United Nations Complex

Jacen's POV :

It has only been months since the liberation of Russia from Thrawn. I've been troubled by the fact that we still haven't found the Grand Admiral but I'm glad he hasn't started anything... yet.

I was bumped in the shoulder by Justin, "Hey, get focused buddy. Today is a historic day and you want to look your best." We were preparing for a historic unification at the United Nations Comlex.

After the conflict was over in Russia, I thought it be best to try and unite the United States and Russia. It was extremely difficult, mainly because both countries simply hate eachother, but I didn't want the 2 biggest superpowers to tear eachother apart.

"You know even though you managed to get both countries to sign the treaty, they're still going to throw jabs at eachother right" said Justin. "Yes... of course I know. For god's sake, look at there political systems" I said.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, "But my friend, this is what we need to do. If we want this great planet to be safe, we have to unite it. It's not going to be easy but with a lot of hardwork, it will happen. It will be our responsibility to make sure what happens to today stays in place" I said.

He smiled, a clear sign that he agreed with me. Someone came through a curtain that was blocking us off from the United Nation's members. It was an adult male, he wore a black suit with a white button down shirt and a red tie. "General, the United Nations is ready for you" said the man.

Justin hit my shoulder, "Good luck." I walked slowly to the curtains, hesitating to go through them at first. I then held my arm out and pushed my way through.

I was immediately greeted by cheers, I looked around. That made me smile, it meant the Guardians were appreciated. "Please welcome the esteemed high commander of Earth's Guardians, General Jacen Harrison" said an announcer. I walked to the podium, a little nervous at first but I managed to keep myself together.

I looked in the crowd, there was a lot more people than I thought. There's no way everyone in here is a United Nation's member. I looked closer into the crowd, I could see 2 familiar faces. It was Branden and Andrew, my 2 closest friends on Earth before I left to become a Guardian. I took a deep breath and began to slowly speak.

"For some reason I expected a smaller crowd" I said. The crowd began to laugh and giggle, I smiled and chuckled a little myself.

"It's good to be back on Earth and I'm glad there are some familiar faces to see. Our first mission was definitely an eye opener. Even as advanced as we are, we lost a lot of good people... I lost a good friend I'll nevet forget" I said. I looked at Vladimir Putin, he was smiling. I took his expression as a sign I was doing good.

"Serena, that was her name. She was quite the individual... brave, courageous and kind. She didn't deserve to die the way she did" I said in a little bit of sadness. "But she would be proud, today is truly special. I never dreamed 2 great nations would sign a document of unification such as this one. When today is over, the United States of America and the Russian Federation will no longer be enemies, they will be allies. Please, everyone... rise as these 2 great countries sign this treaty" I said. Everyone got up from there chairs with no hesitation.

Vladimir Putin was the first to come up, he immediately shook my hand and grabbed the pen I was holding. He immediately signed the document with pride. When he was done he handed me the pen, I noticed he was still wearing the translator we gave him.

"Under normal circumstances, something like this would never be possible. But people like you change perspective. Thank you General Harrison" he said. He walked back to his seat.

The United States president got up after him. He approached the podium. "Mr. President" I said. "General Harrison" he said. I handed him the document and he signed it. "You are an astounding individual, all the Guardians are. Good luck in catching Thrawn" he said. He then went back to his seat and sat down.

"God's speed to you all. I know an adjustment like this will be difficult, especially based on your countries past... but I can assure you the Guardians will do everything we can to help during this period. Thank you again for signing this treaty. Good day to everyone" I said. The crowd cheered on, today in definitely unique but it will be important for the whole world.

Justin came behind the curtains and fist bumped me. "You did good Jason. Serena would be very proud" he said. "Yes, but our journey is only just beginning. Thrawn is still out there and he must be stopped" I said.

"You know before you left to be a hero, you could've said bye" said someone behind me. I turned around, it was one of my other friends, Pedro. Branden an Andrew were right behind him. "I'm sorry guys, I'm... I don't know what else to say" I said. "You don't need to buddy. You're a hero and that's more of an excuse for us" said Branden.

"How ya doin Jacen" asked Andrew. "I'm doing good buddy, what about you" I asked. "That's good" he said.

"You have a lot of explaining to do" said a feminine voice to my left, It was Mirissa. "It's good to see you to Mirissa" I said sarcastically. "It's funny but you running off and doing this... Guardian thing doesn't surprise me" she said.

"Yeah... well I'm glad I did. It's gotten me back on my feet again" I said. I put my right hand behind my head and looked at my friends happily. "But... how did you guys get here" I asked.

"I figured this would cheer you up Jacen" said someone behind Branden. He moved out of the mysterious person's way, it was Doctor Ross. "Friends are important to you, that is really special. To make you feel better, I contacted your closest Earth friends. Naturally not all of them could make it... but I can see your pleased with the ones that did come" she said.

I immediately gave the Doctor a hug. "Thank you Doctor, this means a lot" I said. I released myself from the hug and looked back at my friends.

"I never forgot any of you. Leaving Earth was a difficult decision and I'm sorry for leaving you all in silence" I said. "Are you kidding me, don't be sorry. You're a hero because of this and you've truly made a difference in our world. Just look at what you did today" said Mirissa.

"Spend some time with your old friends. Catch up on lost times, you've earned this" said Doctor Ross. She walked away, leaving me with Justin and the others. Branden came to me and fist bumped me. "You gave me quite the scare when you left New York... but now I understand why you did what you did" said Branden.

"Well now I'm back and... I'M BETTER THAN EVER" I said. "Please for the love god, don't do that again" said Justin. Everyone laughed, Justin knew how to kill a moment and make a joke out of it.

I was happy to be around my old friends again. This was by far the highlight of my day, and as of right now, the happiest moment in my life.

Thank you all for reading my Halo fanfiction story. This was a longer one and I'm glad. This story is apart of a bigger Halo expanded universe of mine and I can't wait to get into the future content. Until next time readers :)