Chapter 5 - March 17, 2017 - Advanced Guardian Training Center

"Jacen, come on. Ross is gonna be announcing are ranks in 5 minutes. We gotta get to the command center" yelled Serena.

"You ready to finally be a colonel buddy" asked Justin who was behind me. "Yeah I think I am, the training here has definitely boosted my self-esteem" I said. It took months for me to finally fit in as a Guardian leader. I finally felt that I could lead the Guardians in the right way.

We entered the command center and were greeted by our other friends. "You're cutting it close you three" said Cadet Woods, he was chuckling afterwards. "Hey, we're still here" I said.

"Hey guys look, it's another Hammerhead Corvette coming through" said Justin. We were all starting to get a little concerned. Several Guardian ships had been exiting Aether for a couple of hours now. "What's going on" asked Serena.

"We are heading for Earth Serena" said a familiar voice behind us... Doctor Ross. "But first we need our commanding officers" she said. "We're Colonel's now, this is exiting" yelled Serena. "All of you but one... one of you is something more" she said. We were all confused, even I was. All of us were trained to be combat ready colonels so what's the new rank.

She had been handing the others there respective ranks until she got to me. She had my non-visible ranks in clinched right hand. She then held out her hand to me and opened it. I was suprised, she wasn't holding the rank of colonel, it was the rank of general.

"But I don't understand" I said in shock. "Believe me, this was not our original plan but you have proven to all of us you deserve it" she said.

I slowly raised my right hand grabbed my ranks out of her hand, I then put them both on my uniform's collar. "Congratulations General Harrison" she said. Everyone of my friends clapped an cheered, I was happy for my new responsibility and so were they.

As we were celebrating another ship passed by through the space station causing it to shake a little. "Doctor what's going on" I asked. She went to the round computer console behind her and turned it on. "Earth is on the brink of a New Cold War..." she said.

We all looked at her with concerned faces. "Russia has been acting strange for the passed few months now and has declared war on the United States and it's allies" she said.

"That makes no since. I know Vladimir Putin, there's no way he'd do this without good reason" said Serena. "That's the problem, Vladimir hasn't been seen or heard from by the public since late December last year. This is why you were selected so early. If Russia launches an attacks, the Earth is doomed" said the Doctor.

"I get the feeling, there something bigger going on down there that no one knows about" I said. "I may have a lead. When my team of scientists and I discovered Aether, we found an advanced device called the Organic Teleporter. We brought it to Earth but were forced to leave it in Russia because of... complications with 2 of my colleagues. That Organic Teleporter was designed by an advanced civilization to bridge the organic and digital realms. Organics could go to the digital world and digital beings could come into our world" she said.

"We detected an energy signature matching that of the Organic Teleporter. There were 2 unknown contacts that came through the teleporter, however, we do not know what they are and where they have gone" she said.

"Is it possible that those 2 contacts took over Russia" I asked. "Yes... very possible, which is why I'm ordering a infiltration of Russia. I want you, the Guardians, to find and rescue Vladimir Putin... hopefully he's still alive. You all are perfect for the job, formulate the the best plan and save Earth" said Doctor Ross.

"There's really nothing I can think of that will avoid casualties" I said. "He's right, Russia is heavily armed..." said Serena.

"Every battle you go through will cost lives Guardians... but you are the ones who can cut that number down. I believe in you all" she said. "Ok... I think I know what we can do" I said in nervousness. Our first actual conflict is only moments away and believe me, none of us are ready for it.