Growing Pains

I woke up the next morning with a sharp pain in my lower half. When I went to the bathroom, red covered my underwear and my pajama pants. I hated periods, why can't god just let us pee out the unfertilized egg and call it day? Anyways, I was not in the best mood. When it's the time of the month I get mad really easily and my hormones are all over the place.

  English class was the only class I had with Devan. Throughout the class Devan would look back and check on me. "You ok," he asked, mouthing his words. My cramps were becoming out of control and I couldn't help but wince at them every once in a while.

"Cassidy is everything alright?" Mr. Griffith asked. I shifted in my chair,"I think I need to go to the nurse."

After going to nurse and taking some pain killers I walked out to lunch. I met the others by the quad. "Woah Cass, you alright? You look a little pale," Owen asked.  I nodded, Devan came up and hugged me from behind. "Cass, if you don't mind me asking-"

"Yes, I'm on my fucking period." I bluntly stated. "Sorry-"

"No it's okay, we're all well aware of how you are during...that time," Kate said. Notifications on my phone started to pop up again, a lot from Twitter and Instagram. I couldn't stand it anymore. I don't know if it was my hormones but, I was really upset with Devan. He should've asked for my permission before posting. We could've had a good conversation about how to deal with social media. Has he forgotten he's brothers with a YouTube and a America's Got Talent Contestant that the world loved?

After school, I rested in bed with a sockful of warm rice placed above my lower stomach. I was reading when I got a phone call from Devan. I really didn't want to answer it because I was upset, but I should; and I did. "Hey," I said answering the phone.

"Hey, you ok? You don't sound well."

"I don't feel well either," I replied. "Well anyways I was wondering if you wanted to come over later-"
"Look, I'm sorry Devan. I can't talk right now, and I can't come over. I'll call you back tomorrow okay?" I quickly replied.

"O-oh, um, o-ok, call you later." Devan hangs up and so do I. Now I feel really bad and I feel as if I might cry. I tossed and turn for a few minutes before I get up. I run down stairs and headed next door. I knocked on Devan's door.

"Hey Cass, everything ok?" Collins answered the door. "Can I speak to Devan?" Collins smiled and nodded. Devan came downstairs wearing his basic black jeans and T-shirt. "Hey Cass, I was just coming over to-"

I quickly kissed him before he could say anything else. His lips were warm and tasted a little sweet. After my lips part from his, Devan smiled and wrapped his arms around my torso. "Devan, I'm sorry for earlier. I-i was just not in a good mood, but I'm better now."

"I can tell," he chuckled. "Why don't you come inside." Devan and I went upstairs to his room. He grabbed his laptop as I laid down in his bed. For the rest of the night we watched Netflix, and it was the highlight of my week.