ch-9

Alec P. O. V

"Do you think Connor is my mate? "

As soon as those words left Mia's mouth I was stunned. How the heck did she know? Did Connor? No I don't think so..

"Don't think about it too much. Connor hasn't spoke a word. "she said rolling her eyes. She knew me too well.

"I'm not sure but "I sighed.

"I'm not sure too. But all those signs were there earlier. "she said dropping her head on my shoulders.

"What signs? " I asked her even though I have an idea what she's talking about.

"Those signs you told me when I asked you that how you knew Ryan was your mate.Those sparks I felt when we shook hands, the way he looked at me, the way he got angry when he found out you're the one who hit me. The same pained look that Ryan gives you."She said linking our arms.

"That bad. Huh?  And No.. You're wrong about Ryan. He doesn't look at me with pained look. "I said in annoyed tone.

"Seriously. You must be blind if you didn't notice it"  she said slapping my arm.

"Ouch.  Let's get back to this Connor topic shall we"I said changing the topic and she got the hint.

"I seriously can't believe my mate is a kid"

"Technically he isn't a kid. He has turned eighteen already and his wolf is fully matured. And there is something you need to know. " I said hesitating that should I tell her or not.

"What? " she asked in bored tone.

"HeisfutureAlphaking"i said without taking a break.

"What? " she asked again.

"He is future Alpha king"i said refusing to look at her. She immediately let go of my hand and stood up from sofa.

When I looked back at her,She's already looking at me with wide eyes.

" No way" She said in so low tone,if I wasn't a werewolf I would have missed it.

I nodded my head "yes" with sad smile.

"So, Before you reject him think twice about it. Because our kind needs our king.But,I never heard of human mate for an Alpha king. Yeah some werewolves do get human mates and even Alpha's but never heard of an Alpha king getting human mate" I said in concern and confusion.

"should I be worried? " she asked me in concern. She looked so pale.Her eyes just staring in distant.I can tell she's hurting inside but unfortunately she can't run away from the truth.

"Everything has a start.Right?"  I tried to make sense but she just collapsed on sofa resting her chin in her hands. And looking at me with weird expression.And I immediately know she's gonna come up with a really bad idea.

"No" i said sternly.

"But I haven't said anything yet" she said pouting.

"I know you're going to ask for something stupid "I said narrowing my eyes at her.

"Hey.... That's not fair" she started whining.

Before I could say something I felt an intense pain in my heart. I immediately clutched my heart breathing hard. I can see Mia worried face and moving lips but I couldn't hear anything. I was trying to breathe hard. Then I have realised something... I'm not hurt then why I'm in pain. Oh no...

I looked back at Mia who is now barking orders at John and his men.i tried to steady my breathe.

I wanted to tell her "It's not me" but nothing came out. So I tried again.