ch-16

Connor P. O.V

I woke upto this strange feeling in my stomach. May be it was something I ate last night.

"We are wolves.  You dumb head" my wolf rolled his eyes at me.

"Whatever " he shrugged me off. I finished my morning routine before heading downstairs to breakfast. Everything seems so quiet. Few pack members having breakfast with Ryan and Alec along with kids and my brother. As soon as I entered everyone just started staring at me.

That strange feeling in my stomach started to increase.

Mia.

Where is Mia? She never misses breakfast with kids.

I looked around for her.

"She left" Kevin answered.

"WHAT? " I just couldn't let out more than that.

"She told me that she has important conference and she needs to leave. She said, she would have said something last night. But She thought Everyone seems so busy. So,she left early this morning after she told Eva and Ethan that she will be back end of next month to get me and kids back to London" Alec answered with sad tight smile.

"It's because of last night.  Isn't it? " I asked collapsing on near by chair.

"She requested me tell you that she understands if you want to be with someone young and beautiful girl to marry who is your age. She said that she will respects your decision. She asked not to worry about her and will be fine. She said you have her blessings to find new girl or she is Okay even if it's Alicia." As Alec told me what she said I felt nothing but frustrated. I knew she was insecure about her age. And yet I went to bed without clearing the misunderstanding. And she left.

"She will be back. Don't worry. " Ethan told me with a smile. I smiled back.

"She better be back. Or I'm going to be very mad at her" I said ruffling his hair.

" Iam sorry Connor,  I thought I was helping you but I didn't know things would turn out like this. I alwaysess things up" Ryan looked so horrible. He is probably blaming himself for this.

"It's Okay Ryan. She will be back. I know she will" It's more like I'm trying  to assure myself. " Right? " I asked my wolf.

"she will" my wolf smiled trying to comfort me.

"Don't blame yourself, I'm her best friend,  I should have known. But I thought she needed a little push. But I didn't thought this through. I have never thought she would leave. " Alec looked guilty too.

"Don't worry I will be fine. I need to go for a run" I was about to walk out but Ethan stopped me.

"Here,  Mama asked me give this to you" He handed me what look like a letter.

I hesitated for a second but opened it anyway.

Hi Connor,

I know you must be thinking of so little of me. I know I hurt you. But it wasn't my intention to hurt you. You are a nice guy. You must have always wanted a beautiful mate who is your age. But you got me. Funny how things work.  Huh?

I have never thought I would tell you this. First time i saw you,  I was kinda lost because I have never felt that way before. This may be confusing but I need to say this to you, you're the first guy that ever made me blush. You're the first guy who made me think Iam a girl too. I want you to Just be happy. Alicia seems to be nice girl.

I will be back by end of this month. Until then please take care of kids and Alec.

Take care, Be safe.

Mia.

I growled in frustration. What does she think she is doing?

Why does girls like the idea of sacrificing ? This is really dumb.

"So? " Ryan asked looking at the letter in my hand.

"I will get her" I answered.  I  have made my decision I'm gonna go and get her wherever she is.

" Get Who?" I heard familiar voice asking me.

"MAMA " Eva and Ethan ran towards their mom.

"we thought you left" Eva asked her with tears in her eyes. It's breaking my heart to see them crying.

"I was  but then I thought, why the heck I should be the one leaving?  I don't want to leave my kids just because of stupid things. So, Did you guys finished your breakfast? " she asked taking them back to dining table.

"Nope" They answered in unison. She made them sat back in their chairs.

"you coming? " She asked me slightly smirking. I was about to go and sit beside Ryan but she pushed me down next to kids and sat beside me. Everyone started eating again.

"Connor, can you get me that peanut butter jar? I can't reach it" Eva said trying to reach it with her little arms.

"Why, yes my princess " I answered making her giggle. I handed her the jar and helped her spreading on bread.

"I'm not a princess" she said taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Yes you are."  I said ruffling hair.

Mia cleared her throat making everyone back to eat without a word.

"if I see you flirting with anyone. You have to face consequences " she said stabbing sandwich with knife making me gulp.

"yes ma'am " I agreed.

"I thought you left" I tried to sound normal but my voice betrayed me cracking at the end.

"let's talk in private.  Alright? " she said filling my plate with more meat.
I just nodded.

"I want to hug her" my wolf whimpered. "what do you think I want to do? " I retorted.

After finishing breakfast kids left with Alec and Ryan to the park.

Mia and I currently in Ryan's office sitting across from each other.

"After Dad faced some financial issues,   I had to step in very young age because of his health. My Dad asked me step in not because he wants to save his business Empire. He wants to save all those employees who were at the brink of losing their jobs. And all those kids who would have been effected by that. So after graduation, I immediately joined the company worked almost 22hrs a day to bring this empire back on wheels. And I have succeeded too.  I have never thought of anything but business and the employees that are working for us. I forgot to think about me. I forgot I'm a human too.  Until I held twins in my arms. That moment I promised myself,  No matter what they're going to be my kids. You know Connor, First time I met you, I thought you were nothing but Childish and immature." and my heart dropped a little at that.

"But that's what I like about" she said walking towards window. She is looking out of window leaning into it. Then she looked at me smiling.

A/N>>

This chapter is quite a drama.  Sorry about that.

Haha.