Chapter eight: The hero, taking a trip!

I was in the middle of a wonderful beauty sleep when someone knocked on my door. Ugh, it's so early in the morning. Why does someone have to wake me up like this? I slowly opened my eyes and sat my body up a few seconds later. "Come in. This better be important." I tried to say in a stern voice, but it ended up being a tired groan instead. The person on the other side of the door didn't say anything else, and soon after, the door opened a crack revealing my dear Linky. I wonder what he wants? It's way too early for this. I want to finish my beauty sleep.

He poked his head into my room, "Oh.. I'm sorry." He said out to me. Surprisingly, I could actually hear him for once. He's usually so quiet, where I have to strain myself to hear him.

Perhaps he has gotten used to my presence? "I didn't know you were still asleep." He looked down to the ground as he finished his sentence, then looked back towards me. I felt my lips curl into a smirk, "Oh no, it's fine. I'm already up. Did you need something?" Link nodded, "I'd like to....discuss something with you."

Oh? Maybe he is finally going to cough up the location to me? It's about time. "Very well then. Sit down in one of those chairs and I will be with you in a momemt." Link fully walked into the room and shut the door after himself. He looked over to the corner of the room next to the doorway and saw what I was referring to. In the corner of the room, was two red couches with a fancy looking tea table in between them. He walked over to the couch closest to where the two walls intersected and sat in the corner of it.

I got out of my bed and stood up. I noticed Link's face was suddenly deep red and blushy. He noticed I was looking back at him and quickly looked away from the wonderful sight. I chuckled, "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you that I sleep nude." I snapped my fingers and my normal outfit and cape appeared on my body. I walked over to the couch across from him and sat down. "Well? What is it?" I said to the boy, who was still blushing and looking away. Link flinched and quickly looked back at me, probably afraid that I was going to do something to him.

"Um... Well..." He said in that usual barely audible voice, then made himself louder. "I'm here to talk to you about the Gate of time.. It's.." Link paused for a moment, and it looked like he bit himself in the inner part of his cheek. "It's in the temple of the sacred grounds. B-But it's unusable. I need my sword to unseal it." Link spoke, before taking a deep breath. He seemed to regret his actions, since he looked like he was going to cry now.

I leaned back at the couch, taking in his new information. I was an idoit for not thinking of the sacred grounds! Damn it! But, what made him decide to tell me? He must have some kind of plan to escape. Or he must have some plan to attack me when he gets his sword back. "...Go on." I raised a brow and ordered him to continue.

"....Well, I need to go back to the Fire Scantuary and get my sword. There's also a sacred flame there, which I need to get to unlock the Gate of Time. Um.. that's it." The boy nervously said as he looked down and fiddled around with his fingers. I stood up. "Alright then. We will leave for the Fire Scantuary."

"Right now?" I heard him speak.

"Yes." I walked over to Link and snapped my fingers. A collar made up of red diamonds appeared on his neck and he made some kind of loud choking noise. The collar looked tight on him, and some sharp parts of the diamonds were digging into his neck a bit, causing the skin to bleed slightly. A matching diamond chain was attached to the collar, and I held the end of it. "Oh, and don't think about running off on me, okay?" I tugged the chain hard on him. He gasped and made another choking sound. He placed his hands on the collar and tried to pull it off, or at least make it less tight, but it didn't seem to be doing much for him.

"Get up."

Link did as I said and got up. I doubt he will be trying to get away with this thing on. Even if he somehow gets away, I am the only one who can get the collar off of him or break it. So, even if he gets away, he will eventually just choke himself to death. I snapped my fingers and the two of us teleported away from the Faron region. We ended up in front of the Fire Scantuary. I held the chain tight and tugged Link. "Show me where this flame is. Don't you dare give me the wrong location too."

Link nodded and walked to the entrance. I followed him, making sure to hold the chain tight enough so he wouldn't dare to do anything.

For the next while, we were both silently walking to the room where the flame was. For the whole way, I kept hearing Link's stomach growl. I guess he hadn't eaten in a while. Oh well. Getting his sword back is my top priority. I don't care if he starves in the process.

We walked into the room where we had our fight days ago. Straight across the room, was an open door. I don't remember there being a door there before. Link stopped walking and pointed to the door. "The flame is through there, but I can't seem to find the sword."
Did he think I would fall for that? What an idoit he is! The sword was simply lying on the ground in the corner of the room, where we left it. Did he really try to split us up so we can search for it? I chuckled out loud and grabbed his chin tightly, and yanked it closer to my face. He winced in pain. "I suppose you didn't look hard enough because it's not even ten feet from us." I pushed him away. "Now go get it!"

He obeyed me and we walked closer to the sword and grabbed it. He picked it up and looked at it for a bit. His hands were shaking too. I really wonder what goes on in his head. It must be interesting. The boy took a few deep breaths and looked back straight. He turned around. "Okay... Let's go to the flame." Link took another deep breath and put a hand on the collar, "T-This thing..Is really tight."

I rolled my eyes. "Quit stalling! All your chatter is causing me to become impatient!" Without a word, Link began to walk to the open door, and I followed him into the room. The room was small inside, and at the end of the room, was a large red flame, and a floating symbol of some sort. Link walked in front of the symbol and rose the sword skyward. His sword charged up and glowed and he slashed at the symbol. The symbol spung around in its place, and a piece of the flame shot out to his sword. His sword glowed, and it soon looked normal again.

I waited a minute to see if anything else would happen. That was the longest and most uncomfortable minute of my life. Nothing else seemed to happen. So why was he just standing there stupidly and wasting my time?

"...I assume you're done now, correct?" I called out to him. He turned around and nodded. I smirked. "Good."

I snapped my fingers and teleported us back to my home, and we ended up in the middle of Links room. He stood about five metres away from me. I snapped my fingers again, and the collar around Link's neck disappeared into many tiny diamonds. The chain leash in my hand also vanished into the same tiny diamonds. Link sighed in relief and quickly looked around to see his surroundings before looking to his sword. I saw him stare at it for a short moment before his grip tightened, and he quickly pointed it at me. He stared at me, and was probably about to try to kill me. After all, I know where everything is hidden now. I wasn't too scared though about his threatening look.

"Oh? Trying to kill me now, are you?" I chuckled and flipped my hair, "Go ahead and try, Linky!"

He kept his stare before trying to slash the sword at me. I easily followed his movements and grabbed the tip of the sword. He tried to pull it out of my grasp, but failed. I pulled it out of his hands and grabbed the handle. I studied the sword. I never really got a good look at it.

"Hmm.. yes, what a lovely looking sword you have there. It's not as lovely as my sword form though." I said out to Link, before slashing it at him. His shirt and skin got cut at the collar bone, but it wasn't that deep. I have my final plans, and I don't need him dying by the time Demise shows up.

He hissed out and suddenly lunged at me to grab his sword back. I teleported behind him with his sword still in my hand. "My my, I wasn't expecting that. Though, I must thank you for telling me where the Gate of time is! And the whole flame gathering is a bonus too!" I let out a smile. "Good bye!"

And I teleported away, leaving my dear little Link alone in his room.

***

Authors note: Ah yes, the ending is coming up! Also, thank you for 800+ reads! I really wasn't expecting that since GhiraLink isn't a really popular ship anymore. (I think?)