008

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛˢᶜᵃʳʸ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ˢᶜᵃʳʸ

THE door slammed shut down stairs, making what sounded like a picture fame fall

THE door slammed shut down stairs, making what sounded like a picture fame fall. Renee flinched at both the sound down stairs and the sound of the bathroom closing. She looked at the mirror and sighed. Her hair was mess from running her hand through it and her eyes were threatening to spill tears from pain. She tried not to lie often, but she was-sadly-glad she did. Renee knew the boys would worry if she said she was hurt. She didn't want that.

She forced herself to look away from the mirror and moved the shower curtain out of the way. Slowly she turned it on and let the warm water run down her hand. She peeled off her blue dress and stepped in letting herself be drenched in the warm water. Softly singing a song to herself, she started to wash her hair with the shampoo they had. Followed by conditioner. Soon after she finished washing her body she just stood in the water, she must of been in longer then she though because the water started getting cold. With a long sigh she shut it of and grabbed her towel that was hung up next to the white shower.

She slowly tied the ponytail at the end of the neatly made braid. She once again stood in front of the mirror-but refused to like at herself, refused to see her own brown orbs. She was now dressed in her pajamas, which consists of and purple tank-top and shorts. Simple. She knew her brother was most likely asleep next door and a few minutes prior she heard the backdoor open an closed, their mom was the only one who would spend time back there. She didn't even remember the last time she had been back there.

She backed up against the wall and slowly slide down, wincing in pain at times. She wasn't going to cry. Not going to cry. Oh god, I must be losing my mind. Squeezing her eyes shut, she set her head in her hands. She stayed like that for a few minutes until a Click went off. Then four more times

Click. Click. Click. Click.

Once she opened her eyes the light she could she through her fingers dissappered causing panick to flout through her body. She jumped to her feet and the small bathroom
was pitch black. It was like nothing was there, not the shower, not the toilet, not the walls. She reached out her small hands and tried to fell something, something had to be there.

Twinkle Twinkle little star.

She froze, the singing was coming from behind her. She feared the dark, it scared her. Slowly she turned her head to look over her shoulder. A pink baby cradle sat their with a younger version of her mother standing over it, holding a baby...She moved her mouth as if she was singing it but the words didn't line up with her lips. The song slowly came to the end and the woman brought her lips to the baby's forehead before setting the small human into its safe bed.

"You're my perfect child."

The raven headed girl turned her head back around and blinked away any tears the threatened to spill. A screamed slipped through her lips and she jerked back loseing her balance. The women who resembled her mother, but this time where the eyes should be were black holes and her veins popped out with a black color, her mouth had black goo dripping from it as it jumped from the blackened room scaring the young girl. The women said the same thing over and over again, this time the words matched her lips and she yelled.

"Why can't you be my perfect daughter!"

More screams came and the girl covered her eyes once again with her hands, asking it to stop. Please stop, please stop. Oh god please, please stop!

Soon it did. Once the bathroom door opened, "Renee! Renee its ok." She finally put her hands down and looked around the room the lights were on and there was no sign of a crazy looking lady or the pink cradle.
Her brother pulled her into a hug and asked many times what had happened. No answer.

"Please talk!"

"It felt so real, why is it all so scary?"