011

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴᶜˡᵒʷⁿˢ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᶜˡᵒʷⁿˢ

SOMETHING about the day just seemed dark

SOMETHING about the day just seemed dark. It wasn't the weather it's self, because it's sunny and hot day, leaving Renee in a tank top and shorts. She didn't really think much of it hoping the feeling would go away soon. She watched as Richie fought over a instrument from a poor kid in the marching band. Once Richie had his hands on it he started to 'play' it as the kid tried to get it back.

"Renee?" Stan set his hand on her shoulder. The teen looked over at her friend and smiled. "How are you doing?" She shrugged and turned her body away from her crazy brother. Stan has always been a good friend to her, even if he doesn't talk much he listens.

"My fine," She reassured, she couldn't put another smile on her face, she wasn't fine she had trouble sleeping the last few days. Every time she closes her eyes, she sees IT'S eyes. The haunting yellow eyes. "How about you? We haven't really talked the last few days." The boys eyes traveled to the ground below us. He shrugged and played with his fingers. "I'm good, I guess." She knew the boy wasn't fine by his answer, but the past few days have been so confusing an weird that she felt bad she did notice this sooner. It's not like she would know how to help but it's the thought that counts, right?

"Here." Renee turned her head to see Eddie handing over a Ice Cream cone to Richie, who finally gave the poor boy back his instrument. As Richie happily started to eat his Ice Cream the rest of the Losers became invested in the sad posters on the brick wall, in front of them.

"They said they found part of his hand all chewed up near the standpipe," Ben informed causing both Stan and Renee to cringe at the thought. Renee was angered, maybe it was her just being sad about it-she really couldn't make up her mind of how she felt-with Georgie's disappearance, it made her sick to her stomach with the thought of it happening to other kids through out the town.

"He asked to borrow a pencil once."

"It's like she's been f-f-f-forgotten because Corcoran's missing," Bill muttered, picking up the poster of the boy, revealing the older poster of Betty Ripsoms. Renee shifted around, suddenly feeling uncomfortable in her own skin.