Lunch at Foxfire

Sorry I haven't updated! I hope to get back on track with the story. Carry on!

Sophie sighed in relief as the bell gave it's cheerful ring. She had just endured the most boring class on earth- world history. It wasn't the curriculum that was boring, although it was a little outdated. Sophie smiled at her own joke. 

"Glad you're out of that class?" Fitz asked, taking her smile as one of relief. 

"Yeah, definitely." Sophie answered, shyly looking up at him. She couldn't believe her luck. She had always been overlooked by the cool guys, but suddenly it seemed she was being seen. Fitz strolled confidently beside her. 

"It's lunch right?" Sophie asked, trying to break the heavy silence. 

"Yep. You can sit by me, if you don't know anyone already." The last part was more of a question.  

"No, not really. Well, except for my cousin Dex, but I don't know him that well." Sophie replied. 

They came upon the cafeteria. It was a huge complex, already filled with students. Fitz directed her to a table near the center. Already sitting there were a few students. Sophie noted that all of them sitting there looked like they came straight out of a movie. She looked self-consciously down at her dull colored outfit, and felt her cheeks get hot. 

A tall girl sauntered towards them, asking, "Who's this Fitz?". Sophie felt the girl's green eyes scrape over her, and saw her smile at her nondescript outfit. "Are we taking in strays now?" She drawled.  

"If she's a stray, I'd hate to know what you are." Sophie turned around to the location of the voice. A girl had sat down at the table who bore the same unusual teal eyes that Fitz had. Her pretty heart shaped lips quickly twisted to a perfect smile. Now that girl could pass the tissue test Sophie thought. 

"My name's Biana, I'm Fitz's sister." Sophie was trying to spit out an apology when Biana said,  

"Don't thank me, I roast Stina whenever I can, even if what she says is true." Biana flipped her hair and looked to the right. Sophie followed her gaze and saw Keefe coming towards them. Oh... Sophie thought. Keefe thumped down beside her. 

"How was the most boring class on earth?" Keefe inquired, eyes alight with mirth. "Was it worthy of ditching?" 

"Yeah! I almost wish I went with you." Sophie answered, smiling.

"Maybe next time you can," Keefe said, winking. Biana looked darkly at her. Sophie noted not to pay too much attention to Keefe while Biana was there. Fitz elbowed Keefe in the ribs, muttering lowly, "Don't encourage her... she already fell asleep in class." Keefe snickered. "You have potential, young padawan. Ditch detention with me, and your journey to the dark side will be complete!"  

At this, Sophie couldn't smother the laugh bubbling inside her. She laughed so loud, then put her hands over her mouth. Beside her Fitz rolled his eyes, but she could see him shaking in silent laughter. Maybe this transition wasn't going to be so hard.