Last Day of School

I'm not sure when everyone gets out, but I know for most of us it's this week. Enjoy your last week of school, and to those already out, happy summer! Hope you enjoy!

"Today is the day!" Sophie heard Keefe shout from behind her. She turned around and he grabbed her wrists, twirling her in the hallway despite the crowds of students walking through. Sophie blushed faintly, tucking a piece of stray blonde hair behind her ear. 

"Let's have some fun!" he continued, bursting with energy. Keefe skipped down the hall, still dancing. Sophie felt a hand being laid on her shoulder. 

"He does this every year." Fitz murmured, as if he was sharing a secret. His teal eyes sparkled with mischief as he said this. 

"Umm," was all Sophie could muster. 

"I have a plan," Fitz whispered, eyes lighting up. His words sent butterflies through Sophie's stomach. 

"What are you planning?" Sophie asked. Just then, however, Keefe came prancing back. He took in the scene, making Sophie achingly aware of how close Fitz was to her. 

"Hey, Foster's my sidekick today!" Keefe loudly complained. "I had the whole day planned!"

"Umm..." Sophie said again, for the second time that day. 

"Don't you know the last day's the Day of Pranks?" Keefe asked, apparently horrified by Sophie's lack of culture. 

"Oh yeah, last Keefe had the best prank. " Fitz informed Sophie. "The school even acknowledges it." 

"The Great Gulon Incident..." Keefe said proudly, spreading his arms out wide. Fitz shook his head, laughing softly. 

Biana strolled over to threesome, smiling brightly. 

"So Soph, you're coming right?" she asked. Sophie looked in confusion at her. Biana rolled her eyes. 

"This is why I don't trust Fitz," she said to Keefe and Sophie. 

"Whoops." Fitz said belatedly. 

"You're invited to our end of the year party." Biana addressed Sophie. "I'll text you the information." 

The bell rang cheerfully. 

"See you guys later!" Biana threw over her shoulder. Fitz nudged Sophie. 

"Time for the most boring class on earth." he said. Sophie sighed at his comment, even though she felt exuberant at walking to class with Fitz. 

Sophie looked back at where they had been standing, her eyes falling on Keefe. He trudged down the hallway, no doubt with the intention to ditch.  

                                                                                               *** 

Walking out of History class was easier than she thought. Since it was the last day of school, there was nothing scheduled, and strict supervision was lacking. Still, Sophie felt nervous as she walked out the door, what-ifs and potential consequences bouncing around in her mind.

Sophie glanced around the hallway, although she knew where she would end up. She stole through the abandoned halls like a clumsy wraith, tripping twice on nothing but her own toe. 

"If it wasn't the last day of school, you would be caught by now." Keefe said from a concealed nook. Sophie smiled and made her way toward him. 

"You're ditching?" Keefe asked, although Sophie thought it was pretty clear that she was. 

"Yep." 

"Why?" 

"I wanted to be with you," Sophie replied, instantly realizing how that sounded. Keefe's lips curved up into his signature smirk.  Sophie ducked her head and pulled her hair down around her, creating a curtain. She shook her head back and forth, her face warming.