Soccer game

Wow, I just looked and saw that I had over 1K views!!! THAT'S SO AMAZING!!! I honestly thought that no one would read this, so thanks to everyone who's taken the time to read! I'm sorry for not updating earlier, I'll try to update again, like in a day or so. Now for the chapter!(I also figured out how to add media lol)

The stadium's blinding lights shone down upon the Foxfire soccer team, huddled up before the game began. To an outsider, it would seem as if the team were planning a strategy, or getting their game faces on. If only they knew what was truly going on... 

Sophie, huddled in the circle, was enlightened as to what their 'pregame ritual' was... and she was still confused. Tanya looked around at her teammates. 

"So we all know the rhyme?" she asked, for the fifteenth time. Everyone nodded enthusiastically. Apparently, the team played a hand game before each match. According to Tanya, it ensured loads of good luck. 

"Ready?" she inquired. Everyone put their hands into the proper position. The game worked like this: the girls would huddle in a circle, hands facing palm-up. They would layer them in a way so that one person would slap their neighbor's hand, which in turn would slap the next person. It reminded Sophie of the hand games she used to play in elementary school. (I'm sorry if I confused you guys, it's basically a round hand game.)

Tanya started off the circle, slapping the hand to her left and chanting, 

"Quack dilly oso quack, quack, quack." (The chant is literally called quack dilly oso, if you guys are interested)The rest of the girls whispered the chant along with her. Tanya also had stated it was extremely bad luck if anyone found out their chant. 

Sophie couldn't help but smile. What could she say? The game was growing on her. As it progressed, which it did at a rapid pace, the inner circle became smaller. The winner ended up to be Tanya, which was, (you can probably guess) very good luck. 

The girls said a final cheer (1 2 3 Foxfire!), then the girls separated into starters and bench warmers. Sophie sat on the bench, already a little cold. The referee blew the whistle, and the game commenced. Tanya scored a goal quickly, exciting the crowd. The stands consisted of mostly parents and family, the student section obviously lacking. 

"Students come out later during senior night and league." The girl next to her, Heather, said, following Sophie's gaze. Heather had become a friendly fixture on Sophie's team, although she was loads better than Sophie. I wonder why she's not playing Sophie wondered, then decided if Heather's not playing, she never would. 

"Heather!" the coach yelled, "Get ready!" Well, maybe she would go in... eventually. 

The game ended with a score of 4-3, a hard won victory. Sophie was glad she hadn't played, reasoning that she probably would have messed it up. The girls huddled in, happy and alive with energy. 

"Well played ladies!" Tanya cheered, "Way to show them who's boss! Next  game will be next week. Practice tomorrow, same as usual." After this, the team melted, going their separate ways. 

Edaline met Sophie by the bleachers. 

"Maybe you'll play next time, hon." she reassured Sophie. 

"Yeah, coach said he'd try to play us in the upcoming games." Sophie answered, although at the moment she was more concerned with what her dinner would be. 

"Are we having pizza?" she asked hopefully. Sophie was convinced that if she had to come back as a food, she would be pizza. 

"Sure, why not." Edaline laughed, and together they went home.