Meet the Songs

Obviously I had to add the Songs (Tam's one of my favorites, and I'm most like Lihn anyway). Thanks to @Harley Potter-Weasley for the idea of putting Lihn in an elective. Now for the chapter!

 Now that Sophie knew that Tam existed, it was like he was everywhere. Well, not everywhere, because she could already tell he hated attention. More like she just noticed him now. 

He was in her AP English class, in the back. He was in her science class, again, in the back. He was even in her history class... dozing in the back. Not that she could blame him, she often wanted to just turn down the volume and knock out too, except she foolishly chose the front row after watching a youtube video claiming "Your teacher will love you if you sit in the front!" Lies, all lies! she thought bitterly, reflecting upon hearing the teacher's droning voice at point blank. Not a good experience.

She had been meaning to thank him for helping her up, but she just didn't know how. He looked unapproachable, with his jagged bangs and piercing pale blue eyes. Quite attractive really, if you like that sort of guy. 

Sophie came out of her reverie to the loud BANG! of metal landing on the ground. Sophie jumped like a frightened cat. She saw a small girl shuffling on the ground, snatching papers and notebooks. Next to her, on the ground, was a shiny brass tuba. Sophie was surprised to see that no one was helping the poor child, everyone walking around her like a rock in the middle of a stream. 

Sophie quickly walked over and kneeled next to her. With some difficulty, Sophie hefted the tuba up and into her arms. The girl straightened up, and Sophie immediately knew she was Tam's sister. She had the same jet black hair (with sliver tips) and pretty pale blue eyes. Her cheeks were pink in embarrassment. 

"Thanks for helping me, you're so sweet! My name's Lihn." 

"I'm Sophie," Sophie pondered a moment if she should shake her hand, then decided she wouldn't give the universe an extra chance to humiliate her. 

"Do you want me to follow you to your next class?" Sophie asked, and Lihn nodded enthusiastically. Sophie followed the small girl through the crowded halls, amazed by how she was able to navigate to easily. 

They came upon what Sophie guessed was the music room. Lihn set her load down, then took the tuba and placed it gently on the ground. 

"Thanks again, I wouldn't have been able to get up without you." 

"No problem! I haven't seen you around before. Are you new?" Sophie asked casually. 

"Yeah, this is my second week here. It's so big, I never stray from where my classrooms are." Lihn replied, looking around the room as if seeing it for the first time. 

"I know what you mean; I'm new this year, and I still get confused. Do you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch? It would be really nice to have you."  

Lihn looked bashful for a moment, then surprised Sophie by saying, "Sure!!! And I'll bring my brother Tam too. He has this rebel-loner thing going on, but I know he loves mankind deep down in his heart." 

Sophie smiled at this. 

"Okay, I'll see you at lunch!" They waved farewell. The bell rang, and Sophie noticed that, once again, she was late.