Strategic Wound: Hak x Reader (Akatsuki no Yona)

"Ha!" I yell out as I thrust my sword towards the fire soldier in front of me. Spurts of crimson splatter onto my face as the soldier falls onto his back, immobilized for the time being.

The sounds of metal clashing litter the forest, all of which are centered around the red-haired princess with her bow at work.

I slice down another soldier with my blade and kick my feet out at another, swiping his legs before stabbing his back. There's too many of them to fight and I'd rather retreat, but it seems like the fire tribe isn't planning to let us escape alive with the princess.

I regroup with Hak and we stand back-to-back, taking a quick breather as I scan the field. Zeno is with the princess and Yun as usual, while the rest of the dragons are fighting. We've made slow progress in trying to escape thus far, only moving a couple meters from where we were originally ambushed.

"[Reader's Name], what are we going to do? You're the strategist out of the two of us." I hear Hak say between breaths. We have been fighting for the past thirty minutes now and it seems like everyone is starting to get tired. 

"Our first priority is Princess Yona." I say and make eye contact with Jae-ha motioning to the princess. He gives me a nod and finishes his opponent quickly before sweeping the princess off her feet with Yun on his back, flying from the battle. I wait until they disappear into the forest before giving my next command.

"Shin-ah, any more enemies?" I ask. He shakes his head in response.

"Okay then, Hak and Kija, clear a straight path for us, while Shin-ah, Zeno, and I take care of the sides. From there, we will run. We don't have time to waste on these guys. We need to meet up with the Prin--AH!" I yelp in pain as someone suddenly slices at my side. Damn, it's pretty deep too.

Hak, who is still by my side, lifts his glaive and slices down on the soldier that injured me, killing him instantly.

"Don't touch her." he spits angrily at the corpse, sending the message to everyone in the vicinity.

And together we run as fast as we can, following the path that Kija and Hak are making for us. After much slashing and spilled blood, we are finally out of the road and deep into the forest.

"Shin-ah, how far away are we from the nearest enemy?" I ask.

"Safe."

From Shin-ah's words, we all release the tension in our body and allow it to drop heavily onto the ground as we try to focus on stabilizing our breathing.

"Man, it's been awhile since we fought an entire army. And I thought the fire tribe grew tired of losing." Hak groans, his body sprawled on the ground in a star formation.

"Is everyone okay?" Kija asks. I  nod my head along with everybody with Hak shoots me a knowing look, but I ignore him; I can take care of myself.

"Let's find the Princess!" Zeno says happily, already fully recovered from energy loss. We all give him a deadpan look, before slowly getting up, groaning in the process. I let the dragons lead the way as I stay behind them. I don't want them seeing my injury.

"Why did you lie?' Hak asks, falling into my pace.

"We need to hurry and regroup with Princess and Jae-ha." I reply without looking at him. I already know what kind of look he's giving me and I don't want to see that scary face.

He gives me a tsk before throwing something in my face. I let the material fall into my hands, only to see a blue, hand-sewn handkerchief.

"Press this onto your wound until we stop to rest, stupid." Hak commands. I do as I'm told in order to not incur more of the Thunder Beast's wrath.