Sacrifice For You: Yato x Reader (Noragami)

"My name is Shuuten Domyo." a man with bright red hair tied into a loose bun with some of it framing his face. "I will give you ten million yen for that regalia over there." 

"What are you talking about?" Yato asks him, confused by his offer. I unconsciously step closer to Yato, his hand also pulling me to his body protectively. My hands find their way to fabric of Yato's jacket. 

"I mean exactly what I said. Yato, you can't be that stupid, right? Not only is she powerful, but beautiful too. What better God can she be with other than me?" he laughs at his own arrogance. 

From his words, I find courage to speak up for myself, "I refuse! I want to stay as Yato's regalia forever! He is a much better master than you will ever be!" 

Although I say thesese words confidently, I find myself clenching Yato's jacket tighter than before. In the presence of one of the most frightening gods in the Far Shore, I find it extremely difficult to keep myself from trembling in fear. 

"Hmph, your beauty and power must far exceed your intelligence. A lowly God of Calamity without even a single shrine to his name cannot be better than I." 

"Shut up. I've heard enough. I will not sell [Reader's Name], no matter what price you put on her." Yato says, his demeanor unchanged since Shuuten approached us. That's what makes Yato one of the best gods; his unwavering confidence in himself is unchallenged by no other. If only other people can see how great he is... 

"Fine, I'll let you have her for now, but watch your back Yato; once I set my eyes on something, I make sure it becomes mine to keep." Shuuten declares before vanishing into thin air. 

I feel my body collapse at the release of tension that has been building up. Before I can fall to the ground, Yato's arms encircle my waist and brings me into his chest.

"Don't worry [Reader's Name], I won't let him take you away... not willingly at least..." Yato trails off at the end, as he soothingly strokes my hair. 

I take a deep breath, inhaling the addicting, sweet smell that Yato emits from his body. I bury my head further into his chest for comfort. 

"You like doing that a lot, do I smell good or something?" Yato jokes, trying to lighten the mood. 

I play along as I tease him, "Ew of course not! Do you know how many times I have to smell your sweaty hands whenever you hold me?" 

For the next couple of days, Yato and I are on our guard more so than usual. Even sleep doesn't come easy as I find myself jumping awake at the slightest of sounds... I can see it's the same for Yato from the dark circles under his eyes.

One day, I wake up to a rustle in the bushes. I watch and wait for something to come out. If it were like the previous days, a cute squirrel is going to pop out in the next five seconds. 

But, the first thing I see is a tabi sock and sandals, then another. I trail up from their feet and to their face, only to see it is Nora.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her, my stance ready to attack if she were to do something unexpected. I make sure that my distaste for her shows in my face. 

 I am not fond of Nora, especially when she comes near Yato. Nothing good unfolds whenever she is involved. 

"Yato, you haven't called for me in such a long time. I miss you." Nora ignores me as she sweetly calls out to him, her innocent voice and looks deceiving her true nature. 

I wasn't going to let Yato talk, Nora has a way of convincing him to do something he shouldn't or normally wouldn't do. Albeit, she does it through blackmail, but I'm not going to give her the chance to.