Nine

I run as fast as I can away from them. It only took three punches in the face to finally break free from his friends' grip. After being pulled away from their grip, they chased me for more.

I bumped into people, doing quick apologies before running some more.

Turning the corner, I bump into a girl and we both fall down.

"Fuck." I curse under my breath and stand up to help her. "I am so sorry."

"I-It's fine, uh.."

"Shawn." I held out my hand for a quick shake, turning my head to see where Carlos and the boys are.

"Danielle." She nervously introduced herself and pulled a strand of her black hair behind her chocolate skin.

Her eyes dart behind me. My heart beat quickens.

Why can't I just be left alone?

"Hey there, Shawn." Carlos breathes out and squeezes the grip he placed on my shoulder.

Within a second, I'm already pulled away from my spot and taken to the exit. I look at Danielle watch everything, but she doesn't move.

****

The sun went down and I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. Slowly, I pull it out and the brightness makes me squint my eyes.

Momma, it read.

"Hello?" I managed to sound okay, minus the part of me being beaten up.

"Shawn, where the hell have you been? Aaliyah and I are already waiting in the car." My mom scolds at me.

"I'm coming." I groan.

With that she hung up, and I pull myself up. I'm behind the mall where a whole bunch of bushes are.

He did it. He really did it.

There is no way I'm going to pass without being questioned for the marks on my face. I walked back to the mall and found the bathroom.

When I was making my way to the restrooms, people looked at me with caution. Can't they just ask if I'm okay? My clothes are dirty and messed up and my face is bleeding a little.

What.The.Hell.

It's 7:39 and I had gotten eight missed calls from my mom. Elyssa called me as well after five missed calls from my mom.

Everything is okay now.

I wiped off the both on my lip and nose. There will surely leave a mark on my bottom lip and my nose isn't as bad.

When I walked back to the car, I had to bite down my bottom lip to hise the mark. My mother was scolding me the whole drive home and I can see Aaliyah giving me a questionable look.

She wouldn't stop after waving her off that I'm fine. That was when my mother began to pay attention and noticed a little blood stain on my shirt.

"What the hell happened?" She grabbed my face with her right hand when she stopped on a red light.

"Nothing." I snapped and turned away from her touch.

"Did you get beaten up?"

Yes.

"No, mom. Just forget it."

"Shawn, " She began.

"Forget it!" I yelled, and regretted it after seeing the hurt in her eyes.

With that she was quiet for the rest of the drive home. I barge out of the car when she had parked inside the garage.

Aaliyah calls out for me but I ignore. I quickly turned to look down at her small frame when she pulled my arm.

It hurt me when she flinched and took a step back. Maybe I should've not yelled at my mom that way. I didn't mean to. My mom means the world to me, as for Aaliyah.

"What happened at the mall? Did you really get beaten up?" She blinks her bright brown eyes at me so innocently. They trail down to my lips.

"Nothing. Happened." I lie again and turn away to continue to my room before anymore questions were going to be asked.

"Shawn, I am not our fucking mom." She follows me. I'm used to her swearing; she's done it since she was 6.

I was about to slam the door in her face, but I knew I would feel guilty again.

"Shawn, just please talk to me."

She doesn't understand, not yet. She's only 10 anyways.

****

It took a while to convince Aaliyah to get out, but eventually she did.

I don't need people to ask me if I'm okay. I am alive aren't I?

"Fuck." I throw my pillow to the door in frustration, causing a loud thud.

What the hell is going ti happen now that Carlos is back? Things were going perfectly fine without him. I finally got to socialize with people, until they found out that I'm close friends with Elyssa. I finally got to have the courage to sing on stage, with Elyssa's help of course. And my self esteem rose alot without him, with Elyssa helping me out through it all.

I miss here already and my lips feel lonely without her touch.

"Hello?" Her sweet highpitched sound is heard on the other end.

"I need you." I croaked out.

"On my way, babe." With that she hung up.

_______

a/n:

ugghhh guys I'm so sorry for not updating ANYTHING it's just that ever since summer started I have been really busy and all :(
and I had volleyball camp and tryouts (which I didn't make of course bc I suck)
and I have been doing soccer games with my new highschool team and all.
btw I got this massive bloody scrape on my knee today from sliding on turf (it was worth it though haha)
and this may not be long like I promised but I just want you guys updated♥♥
not the best chapter sowwwy :(
love you guys sooo mcuh