Twelve

But if you loved me,

Why'd you leave me?

Take my body,

Take my body.

I don't know how long the drive was, but it felt like years until we got to the ER. I didn't wait for my mom when she parked the car. Their voice calling my name faded as I barged in the entrance.

Everybody in the waiting room all looked up and gave me strange looks. I don't give a fuck how they look at me; all I want to know is how and where is Elyssa.

"I'm looking for a patient named Elyssa Ramirez." I quickly said.

It took her a little few seconds to search her up before she nervously gave me the room.

Room 327D

That's on the third fucking floor; it didn't matter to me though, I still ran to the elevator and made my way.

It felt like hours though it was only seconds till I finally reached the third floor. I ran out as soon as the doors slid open and bumped through people to get to my destination.

She's fine, Shawn. Just calm down...

I try to keep that in my head but other negative voices tell me otherwise.

She's dead. You are late..

I made it to the room, but it was closed. I didn't think twice when I opened the door. All of their heads snap up and one leaves the group to escort me out.

"I'm sorry sir, but you have to wait outside."

"I just want to know if she's fine." I sniffle and force the tears to not escape. It's too late for that now.

"Shawn." Dr. Chow appears behind me with a pat on my shoulder.

"I'll take it from here." He tells the man who tried to make me leave.

"Come with me outside, Shawn." He says with a blandly tone.

"No, Dr. Chow, I need to-"

"Shawn. She is fine." He interrupts.

"Then why can't I see her!" I raise my tone, only to be shushed by a nurse walking by.

"She needs her rest, Shawn, and you know that."

I agreed and let him take me out and close the door. He guides me to walk around the halls. A few nurses and other doctors say 'hello' and he replies with a 'hello' as well.

"What happened? Why did she pass out?"

"She just struggled to breath properly, that's all. It's a normal thing for a person with leukemia." He assures me but I doubted that because of the negative voice in my head.

It's because of you she lost her breath, Shawn. You were the one who wanted to play soccer, which involved running. You knew she has trouble breathing.

"Shawn." Dr. Chow's voice makes the voices disappear. I look at him; he gives me a look as if to say if I'm okay."

"I'm fine." I wave him off and fasten my paste.

I press the button to go down the elevator and wait impatiently. Dr. Chow stand right beside me and stares. It wouldn't be the first time he's watched my every move. I always begin to get all shaky when Elyssa goes to the hospital this way. It always scares me even though I know for damn sure she's going to live. I wouldn't allow to let her die when I could've helped.

The elevator does a ding noise and I quickly walk in the second it opens.

"Shawn." Dr. Chow grabs my arm.