Chapter 6

The leaves on the trees in the neighborhood waved rapidly. Some of the fruits landed safely on the ground, waiting to be grabbed by the residents. Nearby, the ice cream truck grounded to a halt in the middle of the road. Children, accompanied by a parent or two, rushed to buy their favorite dessert from the friendly seller.

A large Modenas motorcycle popped up outside the house where Kid and his family reside.

"Thank you, Mr. Mizan," said Kid while holding his slightly injured elbow.

"You are most welcome, Kid," replied the gentle chauffeur. "Now go and relax so that you feel a lot better in the morning."

"I am really sorry," Kid continued, his head pointed to the ground, "that I failed to save them in the sewers."

"No worries," Melvin replied, a smile forming on his face, visible from his expensive helmet. "That will be arranged. It is none of your concern anymore."

Mizan rode off and disappeared. Kid, looking rather dejected, slowly walked into his house, where he would be greeted by his parents. His mother looked worried, while his father was pressing his hands against his waist.

"Oh, good thing you are back!" the mother said in a relieved tone.

"Indeed," the father agreed. "That was a long free tuition session. What did you learn?"

Kid paused for a moment. He did not really have tuition. Instead, he was battling big street thugs and some interplanetary species and was lucky enough to be in one piece. However, he was not going to tell them about what really happened.

"Great," Kid said. "Tuition is awesome. My teacher is awesome."

His father paused. He had a grim look on his face, and his posture hardly changed. His mother was all smiles, just happy to see her beloved son back home.

The father broke his silence. "Good, Kid! Good to know. Now I hope you will improve." A smile was etched on his face, too, something Kid has not seen for quite some time.

"Mom, dad, I am tired. I need to go take a shower and rest."

Kid was permitted to refresh himself in his room. He did as he said; then came the occasional prayers and the obligatory nap. It has been a long day.

He did not get to save anyone, except for an android. As for the police force, he wondered what happened while they were fighting the vicious Sith, Darth Gray, and the sewer guards.

Are their armors strong enough, he thought for a moment while resting his head against the soft pillow.

He hoped they are fine. He also hoped that Melvin would not take his failure too seriously; for there was not much he could do in his position. Never did he anticipate that he would battle a Sith, let alone an apprentice. Still, he thanked Allah that he is in one piece.

Tomorrow is another day, he felt. Then, his eyes closed and he slept like a baby.

***

"Nooo! Stop it! Stooooop!"

The screams of tortured souls could be heard from deep below the surface of Earth. Their screams only pleasuring the torturers; they did nothing to ease the pain they were in. There were souls whose eyes were red, crying, for they suffered disastrously at the hands of heartless people.

Those heartless people took them away from their families, for reasons they did not know. Secretly, they carried out their operations, stealing souls one at a time. The souls were randomly picked; they did not care much about their choice, as long as they met the requirements set by their leader, an equally heartless, absolutely remorseless character.

Wonder-Kid! - The Agents of the Underworldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें