Chapter 2

(y/n) stretched her arms high into the sky letting out a large sigh. Chibita had been given orders to take (y/n) out into the meadow near the woods for a break from the high tower that she had called home for the past few months.The meadow was covered in various colored flowers with long grass that swayed in the wind. Birds chirped in the air and you could feel the warmth of bustling wildlife around you, a stark contrast to the kingdom not a few miles away. (y/n) smiled brightly, joy and relief filling her. The queen letting the princess have some fresh air was a good sign, maybe she had a change of heart? Maybe things would all go back to normal. She turned to the side and gazed fondly at her dear friend and the picnic they had brought full of food. She was especially excited about the food after her diet for the past months. She was sure she was drooling but she didn't care at this point. Setting herself onto the picnic blanket and opened the picnic basket taking out hearty a sandwich that Chibita had packed she dug into not caring about a thing in the world.
Meanwhile Chibita looked thoughtfully over at his dear friend as she devoured the sandwich forgetting all manners she had been taught in her royal life. He huffed and silently vowed to himself he would protect. Shaking his out of such thoughts and sitting down next to his friend, he began to mull over his plan, soon coming to an ultimate conclusion that he would enact his plan as soon as the princess finished eating. Until then he would enjoy her company with the gentle wind blowing in his face and the warm sunlight on their bodies. It was going to be the last good thing in a while for Chibita.

Laying down from her sitting position on the picnic blanket & Letting out a content sigh (y/n) looked to the bright blue sky and felt the warm blanket underneath her, she was about to close her eyes and have the most restful sleep she had had in awhile when suddenly chibita spoke up. "(y/n)". hearing the sudden sternness in Chibita's voice the previously sleepy girl sat up straight. The relaxation that had enveloped her body became a bit of worry in her stomach. Chibita looked off in the direction of the woods facing away from the princess and continued "I need you to run far off into the woods and not come back until I come to get you" (y/n) stood still. Air refusing to circulate in her lungs. " w-what's going on Chibita?" (y/n) stuttered out. Chibita stood still putting even a statue to shame, Suddenly with swift movements taking out his bow Chibita pointing an arrow towards the princess. With a loud commanding voice that boomed in the suddenly quiet meadow, as if the birds and wildlife could tell the intensity, Chibita shouted "GO NOW!" The princess didn't ask any more questions, she stood to her feet and ran. Her feet soaring through the grass of the meadowlands, her head forward wind beating against her face making her now watery eyes tear up leaving a path of tears behind her, if she had just glanced back she would see her dear friend had the same tears prickling in his eyes. As (y/n) faded into the woods away from Chibita's sight he let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding. Leaning down to the picnic basket he reached in and pulled out a sack hidden in the bottom of the picnic basket and pulled out a handful of raspberries. Crushing the raspberries in his hand he dipped the arrow into the mashed raspberries. The red goo like substance on the arrow could easily be passed as blood to the Queen as proof he had killed the princess, 'I mean she's not really the brightest' Chibita thought to himself. Letting out sigh and taking one last glance towards the woods Chibita packed up and left the meadow to deliver to the queen the news that princess (y/n) was dead.

(y/n)'s feet soared underneath her as she pushed through plants and branched that tugged on her clothes tears streamed down her face. She was tired from running, confused and quickly losing herself in the forest. The princess knew that Chibita must have had some good reason to be so harsh towards her but still felt hurt. Remembering the mean demeanor from the usually kind man made (y/n) tear out into a mad sprint. In a split second (y/n)'s feet made contact with a rock jutting out from the soil sending her tumbling forward, a pain in her ankle split her being sending her over the edge as her tears rolled out as if a dam had suddenly been opened and waterworks suddenly gushed out. The princess slowly let fatigue overtake her being as tears continued to roll down her cheeks.