Chapter 11

it was decided each day a different brother would stay by (y/n)'s side, rotating by age. And on the seventh day of the week they all stayed by her side. It was always quite, with few chirpings from birds as if sensing the sorrow. Esper Nyanko had refused to leave the girls side, to the point he hissed and clawed when Ichimatsu tried to remove him once. Only a Karamatsu went to the mine anymore, picking away trying to forget his troubles.
Osomatsu kept on picking flowers from far and wide. Each bouquet he made more beautiful than the last, each one he left at (y/n)'s side. Jyushimatsu went to the open field often. swinging his bat to and fro with only the sounds of the wilds to keep him company. Sometimes he heard a branch snap or grass rustle and turn around excited to see the bright (e/c) eyes he adored but was only ever met with silence. Choromatsu researched. He delve himself into the world of books and papers. He did everything in his power to find out about spells and curses. But the only thing he could find was the apple was most likely poisoned with a royal lamb's blood, common in sleeping spells. something only royalty or a royal family's personal farmer could get their hands on. Todomatsu was in denial. He would collect various berries and concoctions for beauty and spa. He would excitedly tell his brothers about the makeup and outfits he planned for (y/n) and when anyone tried to explain to him that she might not wake up... he would go into hysterics. They soon stopped correcting him.
Ichimatsu fed the cats, it was his usual schedule, but he always made time to scavenge. He looked for fruits and berries. He scoured for new fruits. His hand were scrapped and calloused from the thorns and shrubbery but maybe, just maybe if she woke up... she would make muffins with him again.